I have a delicious and easy recipe for you to make a little twist on standard lemonade for summer!
Try homemade strawberry lemonade- just takes a few extra seconds to add the berries to your fresh lemonade and you won’t believe how good this is!
Absolutely perfect for a warm summer night or put this in a cute large mason jar and it would be a great hostess gift!
- Strawberries (8 medium to large or 10 small)
- ½ cup to 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6-7 cups water*
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Start by squeezing your lemons to get 2 cups juice- about 8 lemons or so.
- Set aside.
- Add your strawberries to a blender or food processor- if your berries are really large you might slice them in half.
- Puree for a few seconds and add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 cup water.
- Blend until you get it down to a nice juice.
- Now add the strawberries to your lemon juice.
- Add from ½ cup to 1 cup of sugar to the mixture- depending on your sweetness preference.
- Add 5 to 6 cups of water.
- Chill very well before serving over ice!
So while this is a very, very simple recipe I have a few notes. I actually like a tart lemonade and I wound up adding all that sugar and I thought it was perfect. It is a lot of sugar so you can cut that back or use your favorite sugar substitute.
I had really fresh and wonderful strawberries from the Farmer’s Market and so perfectly in season berries will really make a difference in your drink.
And I added 1 cup of water to the berries and then 5 cups of water after because it is currently very hot in California and I knew I was going to heavily ice this drink (and the ice would melt quickly). For a milder climate where your ice isn’t going to melt 10 seconds later you might add the extra cup of water to make 7 cups in total.
And one last little note- this is a freckled lemonade with bits of fresh berries and the little seeds off the strawberries. I personally like that but if you aren’t a fan you can always strain the lemonade before serving.
I thought this lemonade was just OK when I first made it but once I gave it a chance to chill well in the fridge I was really impressed. I think it is just delicious and I hope you give it a shot!
PS: I made this another time for a lazy night on the porch and did strain the lemonade as a final step. You can see below all the little freckles are gone now – the taste isn’t really impacted it is just a matter of personal preference.
Recipe sourced from All Recipes.com
And if you like this recipe, you might consider these as well:
Perfect Fresh Squeezed Lemonade– I LOVE this recipe
Copycat Starbucks Passion tea Lemonade- another one of my favorites and perfect for summer!
Need an energy kick? Try this cold brewed iced coffee recipe. So simple- literally 10 minutes for a week’s worth of iced coffee.