Here is something fun and easy to do for the kiddos for any holiday really but especially fun for 4th of July.
You can make these cute little firecracker pinatas for the little ones with just tissue paper and toilet paper rolls! They are a fun little distraction that you can fill with candy or small toys or stickers or whatever you like.
For each firecracker, you will need:
- 1 toilet paper tube
- 1 pipe cleaner (optional)
- 10×20 sheet of tissue paper
- Ribbon or string
And here are the easy steps to assemble your pinata:
- Fold the tissue paper in half so that you have a 10×10 square.
- Place the pipe cleaner inside the toilet paper roll, leaving a 4” section hanging out of one side.
- Lay the tube on its side in the center of the tissue paper.
- Roll the paper around the tube and secure with tape.
- Secure one end by twisting and tying tightly with ribbon.
- Carefully stuff the candy through the open end, packing tightly.
- Twist the other end tightly and tie with ribbon.
- To ‘pop’, simply grasp both sides and pull!
So the kids can yank and all the surprises come tumbling out. This might be a fun little way to keep them busy before the fireworks start this year or on any 4th of July BBQs you might be planning.
And speaking of 4th of July– here are a few other cute ideas: