I thought I’d post a fun and easy homemade muffin recipe today for Nutella swirled banana muffins. These are really delicious and a great treat when you are looking for something sweet. My kids are huge fans of banana bread so they were over the moon for these.
You can pop them in little cups for lunchboxes or a quick grab n go breakfast. These are also fun if you are snack mom for soccer games and such or if you are planning to make Brunch for Easter or Mother’s Day.
Everyone loves muffins so these are a pretty safe bet when you bake a homemade treat too.
Here is the quick and easy recipe:
- 1 ½ C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ C. of butter, softened
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ⅓ C. Nutella
- 12 count muffin tin, greased or 12 Silicone baking cups (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl mash the bananas. Slightly overripe bananas work the best.
- Slowly stir in the sugar, eggs and softened butter.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins filling them about ⅔ of the way full.
- Once all your cups are filled microwave the Nutella for 10-15 seconds – just long enough to slightly soften.
- Using a teaspoon, place a small scoop of Nutella directly on top of each muffin.
- Once they all have a dollop of Nutella on top – use a butter knife to swirl into the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown.
I used these cute Silicone Baking Cups to make the muffins and just swirled the Nutella in the center with a butter knife. I found it easier to put a scoop of Nutella in a bowl and warm it slightly in the microwave. That made it much easier to swirl.
If you have little ones and might want to send these off for school lunches- these little Glad Tupperware containers are so handy.
I think these are disposable containers but I have seriously had them for at least a year and we wash them regularly in the dishwasher and they have really held up.
If you decide to try these muffins please come back and let me know what you think!
For another quick breakfast idea, you might like this Crock Pot Maple and Brown Sugar Steel Cut Oats recipe. You can make one big batch and then portion into mason jars for quick breakfast all week.
And another quick idea is this Peach and Mango Smoothie. Again just mix it up the night before and grab on your way out the door: