Here is a recipe that is so simple and perfect for parties or any occasion when you want a little treat.
I did these in a mint version which is perfect for St Patrick’s Day but you can use any flavor or colors – the process is the same!
And let me tell you, if you haven’t tried chocolate dipped Oreos- they are amazing!
Our local Peet’s Coffee Shop sells them for $1.00 each or maybe $2.00 and occasionally we get them as a little treat. So delicious!
So here is an easy way to make these at home yourself for a fraction of the price:
- 18 Oreos – Regular or Mint flavor
- ½ cup of Wilton Mint Chocolate candy melts
- Wilton St. Patricks Day Green & White sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the Mint Chocolate in 30 second increments stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Once melted let cool 1-2 minutes.
- Dip the Oreos one at a time in the chocolate and completely covering or covering only ½ at a time.
- Lift out with a fork and let the excess chocolate drip into the bowl. Lay on cookie sheet.
- Every 3-4 cookies stop and sprinkle with Green & White sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
- Repeat with all other Oreos.
- Place in fridge for 15-20 minutes to set.
- Now enjoy!
Traditionally chocolate dipped oreos are fully immersed in chocolate. I find sometimes that is just a little too much and also I find it much harder to dip the entire Oreo. This can be a messy process and to get nice smooth chocolate on the fully dipped cookie can be a little tricky.
So just coating it halfway still provides the yum factor and makes this so much faster and easier.
You might make a little batch of these and tuck them into the kid’s lunchboxes for the week!
And are you following my St Patrick’s Day Pinterest board? Lots of fun ideas for crafts, decor and recipes!