So it is finally fall and I think this might be my favorite time of year! (except for spring and summer and the good parts of winter)
I love the fall- apple cider, pumpkin bread, brisk walks after dinner, the beautiful leaves changing color….
So just like my Summer Fun List, I like to sit down and make a little list of all the fun things we can do as a family to enjoy the season.
I thought I would share my list with you and include a blank sheet in case you want to come up with some ideas of your own!
Here is my fall fun list:
You can download a copy of my Fall Fun List here. The activities include:
- Take Walks (love that crisp weather!)
- Jump in Rain Puddles
- Rake leaves (and play in them!)
- Go to a Halloween Party or Trick or Treating (our church does a big shindig every year)
- Go on a Hayride
- Visit the Pumpkin Patch
- Make Homemade Soup or Chili (ya’ll I am hard at work on an amazing French Onion soup recipe… coming soon!)
- Visit an Apple Orchard
- Watch It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
- Watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade (the girls were mesmerized by this last year and Mommy got to finish up the cooking!)
- Make homemade caramel apples (and I have a quick and easy cheater method coming next week for you guys!)
- Watch a football game (these play 24/7 in our house anyway but I thought it would be fun to take the kids to see a college game this year.)
- and of course Bake an Apple Pie
If you prefer to make your own list- get a blank copy here and just fill it in with your favorite stuff!
And these lists are not meant to be stressful but rather remind you to seize the moment when you can :). If you follow me on Instagram, I posted this cute little pic of my baby the other day. It was raining (rare occurrence in Sacramento) and the minute the rain stopped we grabbed boots and jackets and raced outside to play in the puddles. What you don’t hear is my girls laughing their heads off. Normally I would have let the moment pass as it was not really a convenient moment (I may or may not have stood on the curb in my pajamas) but it was on our fun list and I wanted to make sure we didn’t miss out.
And if you want to pin the Summer Fun List for next year, you can get all the details here.