May
2013

Perfect Homemade Fresh Squeezed Lemonade Recipe

05/24/2013. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

Perfect Fresh Squeezed Lemonade Recipe

The girls and I have been testing out several homemade lemonade recipes this spring and we finally found one that I think is a perfect mix of  tangy and sweet that I wanted to share.

This is about 1000 times better then the powder mix lemonades and I find it a little lighter and more refreshing then the stuff you can buy at the store.

It is so fast to whip this up and a fun way to get the little ones in the kitchen too!  My 4 year old and 5 year old have become very good little lemonade makers (we seriously tried about 11 recipes or so and this was the biggest hit).  I make the simple syrup and they squeeze the lemons- pop in the fridge and viola!  Perfect lemonade!

This does have sugar in it but far less then the stuff you buy at the store and you can always substitute agave or turbinado sugar if you prefer to skip the white sugar.  (We did try this with honey instead of sugar and it wasn’t to my taste but that is another option.)

We just have one of these juicers that was maybe $5 or so at Target.   (Or grab one for $5 from Amazon here.)  It is really fast to juice the lemons- my little girls can actually do this step.

Here is the recipe:

Squeeze the juice from about 8 lemons ( or 6 lemons if they are large).  You want about 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice total.
Add 1 1/3 cups of sugar to a pot and 1 cup of water. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
Add lemon juice and 8 cups of water to a large pitcher. Once the simple syrup cools mix that in as well.

Chill well and serve!  This actually makes a great gift idea.

I put this in inexpensive pitchers from Target last year and added a little note and we gave these to the teachers at the end of the school year.  Also a nice little hostess gift– the perfect thing to take to BBQs and pool parties!

So simple and just delicious! I prefer a little tang to my lemonade. If you like it just a tiny bit sweeter add 1 1/2 cups of sugar instead if you are a super, super sweet lemonade person adjust the sugar to  1 3/4 cups.

Recipe slightly adapted from All Recipes.

Homemade Cold Brewed Iced Coffee

And if you want a little caffeine kick- try this easy homemade iced coffee recipe.

And here is another recipe for a perfect iced tea lemonade (or Arnold Palmer)- one of my favorite summer drinks!

Quick and easy Strawberry lemonade recipe- so refreshing!

Yummy Strawberry Lemonade Recipe

Sallie May 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I just read this, and I thought it paired nicely with your lemonade post. Thank you for such a perfect recipe!

Sharon April 20, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I can’t wait to try this!

Sarah Jane June 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM

On a scale of 1-10 how tangy would you describe the lemonade! I like mine with a kick :) I was also curious since you mentioned trying honey, (which I tried and didn’t love either), if you tried stevia?

Charlene June 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Sarah Jane- yes I like that tartness on the end as well. I have not tried Stevia. I find this to have a bit of zip to it. I think it depends a bit on the lemons- the perfect huge summer lemons are obviously better then the beginning of summer lemons that were hard and small I used recently ;). I would say this is a pretty tangy lemonade- just reduce the sugar a bit and see what you think. You can always add more later.

April July 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM

lol, I already checked this one out and pinned it from your other lemonade post last week! :) Still excited to try it!

Karen July 22, 2014 at 12:51 PM

We love lemonade! I’ve also found that making a simple syrup is the best way to get a great lemonade with no sugar crumbs at the bottom of the pitcher. Thanks for sharing.

Michal July 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Sounds so good! Need this drink right now, it’s so hot

Cynthia July 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM

The ultimate summer drink! Makes me envisions picnics and swimming pools. Yum. Thank you for Linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

Tiki - Grow It Girl July 25, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Seeing this recipe just reminded me that I have a citrus juicer and just how long it’s been since I made lemonade. #wakeupwednesdaylinky

Susie Gall July 25, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I found your blog through #SayGdayParty and I’m really looking forward to making my own fresh lemonade.