Nov
2012

Target: Leapfrog Tag Jr Books $3.99

11/19/2012. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

This week the Target ad features Tag and Tag Jr as Buy One Get One Free. The ad does not show any prices but here is what I found at my store.

Tag Jr books starting at $9.99- Buy One Get One Free
Use $2 off Tag Jr coupon
Final price: $7.99 for 2 or $3.99 each

For the regular Tag books, the starting price was $13.99/2.

I don’t see any coupons for those books, so that makes the final price $6.99 each.

**If you prefer to shop online, the price is actually better.  These books are priced at Buy One Get One 50% off but when I added (2) to my cart, they actually did show up as Buy One Get One Free.

The Cars book pictured above is $9.99 in store and online it is priced at $8.00.  I added the Cars book and a Winnie the Pooh book to my cart and the price was $8.00 for both.

For the regular Tag books, the price is much better online.  The Cars Tag book was priced at $13.99 in my store and online I can see it for $10.82.

The only catch is that you need to pay shipping on your order unless you have a Red Card and then shipping is free.

If you are interested in the Tag reading system, the best price I have seen is $19.98 at Toys R Us on Black Friday. There is a $5/1 Tag Reader coupon making the final price $14.99.

You can check Target as well this week.  There is a $5/1 Target store coupon in the Target toy catalog plus the maufacturer coupon above would give you $10 off.

See more Target deals for this week here.

Meghan November 19, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I thought you could go in and price match the online price. Target is doing that for 5 stores this year aren’t they?

Charlene November 19, 2012 at 7:29 AM

You can price match Meghan, but my thought was not everyone would want to drive to the store ;). You can only use one $2 coupon on each set of books so you have to decide if $2 is worth an extra trip to Target. That coupon is a pdf too so some stores might refuse it.

Katie November 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM

If you order a book $19 or higher the leapfrog online code is TGUPBX9N.

sarah November 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM

These are great!! My daughter LOVES her tag reader system! Thanks!

Jenna McCann November 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Great deal! Thanks for posting! Got a total of 8 things…4 Tag books, the solar system adventure pack, a case for the Tag and a case for the Tag Jr and a set of 4 books for short vowels all for $52! (and my 2% cashback from ebates- every little bit helps!) That’s $6.5/item and some of them were originally $19.99, $14.99 and $12.99. I may go get a few more tag Jr books with the mq…Thanks so much for sharing! Do you know if Target with price match Toysrus Black Friday deal on the Tag reader?

Charlene November 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I thought I read that Target wouldn’t price match on BF. I might be wrong. What was the price in store because online last night it was $28.

Julie November 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM

My understanding of the Target price match for online retailers was invalid from 11/22-11/26.

Charlene November 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Here is the post about it and the article

Here is the policy from the media center:

and it does say they won’t do it 11/22-11/24.

Julie November 20, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I plan to buy the Tag system from Toys R Us on Black Friday and wasn’t sure if they’d let me buy two, using two manufacturer coupons for $5 off each one. I know some stores limit you to one coupon. Any insight you have is appreciated :)

Charlene November 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Julie,

You should be fine with 2 items and 2 coupons unless they restrict the Tag to one per person. You might double check the ad and see if they list a limit- I don’t think they have one but just in case.

Holly November 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Where is the 5 dollar off the Tag at? I click on both links and it is saying not found wondering if they are all gone or if I am lookin in the wrong place. Thanks

Charlene November 20, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Holly I can see the coupon. Just scroll down about 5 inches and look to the left side.