Sep
2012

Whole Foods: Grass-Fed Ground Beef $4.99/lb (09/07 Only)

09/05/2012. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

Friday, September 7 only, Whole Foods will have a one day sale on their 90% lean grass-fed ground beef.

The ground beef comes from cows that in addition to being grass-fed are raised without antibiotics or added hormones.

This price is about as good as it gets so if you are interested I would head in as early as you can on Friday!  I am grabbing this deal for sure!

There will be a limit of 10lbs per person.

Nicole September 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Thank you for posting these deals. I know most people would look at $4.99/lb and say, that’s not a good price. But, what is more important than what we put into our bodies and our kids?

I have been watching way too many of the food documentaries on Netflix lately. Food Inc, King Corn, and Food Matters are just a few. They make me want to move to the middle of nowhere and grow all my own food. The way we eat in America is just gross.

Charlene September 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

LOL- Nicole but it is scary how much garbage most people eat :). (Me included and I specifically try hard to eat real foods.)

Sprouts does the grass fed beef for this price but the stuff they have is usually from Uruguay so I don’t always feel as comfortable about the regulations.

Jessie September 5, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I was just at Costco today (RSVL store) and I checked the price of their Organic ground beef and it’s $4.49 per pound- sold in 3- 1 1/3 pound packs (totaling 4lbs). Any idea if that sounds right? I bought the limit last time around. If Costco is .50 cheaper per pound it pays to stick with them, and I won’t feel like I have to buy so much at one time. :-)

Charlene September 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Jessie that is very funny because I was there today and saw that too! I am on the fence because we don’t know how long Costco will have it and I didn’t get a chance to check the origin of the meat. I have a picture here somewhere. Also they had patties and Whole Foods has ground beef I think.

So anyway, I saw that too and I was excited too :).

momto3 September 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM

There was an article in the Costco Mag not too long ago regarding the “organic” ground beef and its orgins–here it is.

We FINALLY have purchased our new freezer to buy 1/2 a cow from a local farm–all different types of cuts, costing 3.50 a pound and that includes butchering costs. Def recommend it if you are into meat! lol

Anya September 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Thanks Charlene for all your deals on organic food. I am loving it. A questions to ‘momto3′ or perhaps you can answer: is that local farm in Roseville or somewhere near? We have been looking for one and haven’t been successful. Any thoughts appreciated.