Sep
2012

New Dollar Tree Deals

09/30/2012. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Dollar Tree is now accepting coupons.  So here is a quick list of deals you might want to look for the next time you head in.

Just note each store will carry different items – so you may not find the same things at your store.  One other thing people are finding is that the package sizes in store seem to be much smaller so you do have to pay careful attention to package size to be sure you get a good deal.

Fisher Boy Fish Sticks – $1
Use $0.75/1 Fisher Boy Printable
Final Price: $0.25

Sargento 3pk of Cheese Sticks $1.00
Use $.60/1 from 9/23 SS
Final Price: $.40

Scottie’s Facial Tissues – $1
Use $1/5 Scotties Facial Tissue, exp. 10/13/12 (RP 09/16/12)
Final Price: 5/$4 or $0.80 each

Haribo Gummies – $1
Use $0.30/1 Haribo Printable
Or use $0.30/1 Haribo Printable
Final Price: $0.70

Maybelline Cosmetics – $1
Use $1/1 Maybelline Superstay 24 Hr Lipcolor or any Lip Product, exp. 11/9/12 (RP 09/09/12)
Or use $1/1 Maybelline Lip Product, exp. 10/5/12 (RP 08/05/12)
Final Price: FREE

Cover Girl Cosmetics $1
Use $1/1 CoverGirl Product, exp. 10/31/12 (P&G 09/30/12)
Final Price: Free

Brut Deodorant – $1
Use $1/1 Brut Fragrance or Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant, exp. 10/9/12 (SS 09/09/12)
Final Price: FREE

Halls Cough Drop $1
Use $1/2 Halls Drops, exp. 11/10/12 (SS 09/16/12 R)
or Use $1/2 Halls Cough Drops printable
Final Price: $.50

Clearasil Acne & Mark Spot Lotion – $1
Use $0.75/1 Clearasil Printable
Final Price: $0.25

Sally Hansen Polish, Nail Care and Lip Items – $1
Use $1/1 Sally Hansen Nail Color Product, exp. 10/16/12 (RP 09/16/12 R)
Or use $1/1 Sally Hansen Beauty Tool Product, exp. 11/30/12 (RP 09/16/12 R)
Final Price: as low as FREE

Hormel Pepperoni $1 (advertised promotion)
Use $.55/1 Hormel coupon
Final Price: $.45

Libby’s Canned Veggies $.79 (advertised promotion)
Use $1/4 Libby’s Canned Vegetables, exp. 10/31/12 (RP 08/26/12)
Final Price: $.54 each

Post Shredded Wheat – $1
Use $1/1 Post Shredded Wheat Printable
Final Price: FREE

A+D Cream – $1
Use $1/1 A+D Product Printable
Final Price: FREE

You might skim through the Dollar Tree coupon policy first- the most important thing to remember is that you can only use (2) internet coupons per transaction.

And remember, not all stores will have the exact same products so this is a guideline and not necessarily exactly what you will find at your store.

MichelleM September 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I tried using a $1 off coupon yesterday but the cashier wouldn’t accept it. She said it made the item free. Anybody else have this issue?

Charlene September 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Michelle, maybe call and talk to a manager :). The point of using coupons is to get things free or cheap ;).

jennifer September 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I had the same problem yesterday, mine will not take $1 coupons. But they would take $1/2 coupons but not $1/1. I was so disappointed.

jennifer September 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I should also add that she did ask the manager while I was standing there.

Charlene September 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Maybe you can post on Facebook and ask them for help? Often social media can get a faster response because the coupon policy doesn’t say anything about not using $1 coupons or not being able to get things free ;). Silly.

MichelleM September 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Thanks Charlene. Those are helpful suggestions. I think the lady misinterpreted their coupon policy. Based on her reaction, i wasnt the first one to try either. Not sure all the effort is worth it for a bar of soap.

Charlene September 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

LOL- that would be my reaction too :)

Christine Hennig September 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Here’s some deals that I’ve found at my Dollar Tree:

Betty Crocker Fruit Roll-Ups, 4 ct.: Use the $1/2 coupon from Bettycrocker.com. Final price: 2 for $1 (50¢ each)
Bounty Basic Paper Towels, single roll: Use the $1/1 home mailer coupon from the Bounty free sample. Final price: FREE
Colgate 2 in 1 Liquid Gel Toothpaste, 4.6 oz.: Use the 75¢/1 coupon from the 9-30-12 SmartSource: Final price: 25¢
Curad Gauze Pads or Stretch Bandage: Use the 50¢/1 coupon from curad.com. Final price: 50¢
GUM Soft PIcks, 10 ct.: Use the $1/2 coupon from the 8-5-12 SmartSource. Final price: 2 for $1 (50¢ each)
Keebler 100-Calorie Right Bite Sandies Cookies, 6 ct.: Use the $1/2 coupon from snackpicks.com. Final price: 2 for $1 (50¢ each)
Olay Ultimate Moisture Bar Soap: Buy 3 and use the $3/2 coupon from the 9-16-12 SmartSource insert. Final price: 3 for FREE
Ortega Black Beans: Use the $1/2 coupon from All You Magazine or coupons2.smartsource.com. Final price: 2 for $1 (50¢ each)
Trident Gum, 4 packs: Use the $1/3 coupon from the 8-13-12 SmartSource. Final price: 3 for $2 (66¢ each, or 17¢ per pack)

Sandi October 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

if you take the coupon to walmart and do a price comparision they will except it

rachelle October 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM

random question: what would happen if you had a $2 off one bottle of shampoo coupon and the dollar store had it available for $1, would you just lose the value of the coupon?

Charlene October 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Rachelle,

The coupon policy says that they don’t accept coupons over the value of the item. So they might refuse it or they might allow you to buy 2 bottles of shampoo = $2 and use the $2 coupon. It would depend on the store.

Endcapps October 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM

My Dollar Tree couponing adventures have improved — the cashiers are getting the hang of it. I went looking for the Zicam, no luck here in NoCA. However, I didn’t go home empty-handed — got some free (after $1 coupon) Jingos crackers. Also, spotted Dulce de Leche Cheerios & will go back to use the $1/2 Cheerios coupon from here

Don’t lose hope in couponing at DT. Mine improved. :)

Jasper Canfield October 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Hi there, I just wanted to let you guys know, I live in Central Oregon, and I got $1/2 box of cascade farms cereal at the dollar tree! And the best part is that every box has that coupon!!!! So I left with 2 box’s of Cascade Farms fruit and nut granola for $1:) And also got another manufacturers coupon $1/2 boxes of Cascade farms cereals or granola!
Best of Wishes,

Mrs. Canfield

Kristi April 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Thanks for the tips on couponing at Dollar Tree. LOVE that place for a lot of things like cards, paper goods, I bought some seeds and they’re growing now. Their cleaning products/supplies are good, too. It’s isn’t easy to get to the DT very often, but I like going there a lot (plus, I love their Green Tree Slim product). I’ve purchased ear buds there and they aren’t very good. At least go to 5 Below for those!