I have a tendency to be a little impatient. Impatient when waiting in line, impatient with people that stop to chat in the aisles of Costco (keep it moving people!) and impatient when it comes time for the seasons to change.
So now that we have hit September, I am ready for fall. I happen to live in California and it is still 94° but nonetheless, I have mentally transitioned into fall.
So the other day the girls and I started to look through our Halloween decorations and I decided to make something festive for us to enjoy.
I put together this Crock Pot Apple Cider recipe and it is something that I make a lot of once the weather finally starts to turn. It is so incredibly comforting and simple plus it makes the house smell wonderful.
I like to serve it when friends stop by, this is a great recipe for Book Club especially and if you are feeling a little frisky just pop in a little rum and the discussion gets more interesting.
So here is what you need:
- 64oz Apple Cider (I prefer Tree Top)
- 3 Chopped Apples (optional)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1 Sliced Orange (optional)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Small square of cheesecloth.
- Add bottle of apple cider to crock pot.
- Add chopped apples, oranges, and brown sugar to crock pot.
- Place the whole cloves, allspice and cinnamon sticks to the square of cheesecloth and tie.
- Add to crock pot and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Discard cheesecloth and use a ladle to serve!
So this is super simple- basically just pop it all in the crock and you are good to go. This can be adjusted to suit your tastes- add a little extra brown sugar to make this sweeter. To scale back on the sweetness just add a little hot water.
I skim the apples off the top before serving and my girls love to eat those all infused with the cider flavor.
This recipe is incredibly forgiving. I actually didn’t have the oranges on hand and we were out of allspice. I just added a little extra cloves and it still turned out delicious.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy:
- 5 Minute Blackberry Cobbler
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 5 minute jam
- Chai Sugar Cookies
- Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Greek Orzo Pasta
- Molten Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mexican Grilled Corn
- Crock Pot Maple and Brown Sugar Steel Cut Oatmeal