I love soups. This is such an easy way to make ahead several meals for fast lunches or easy dinners during the week.
I especially like these because I am a vegetarian and the rest of the family is not, so one big batch of soup can be my dinner for a few nights in the week.
The thing with soup is that you have to be careful because the really yummy ones can have a ton of calories. This is a really light soup and yet it still tastes creamy and rich and satisfying. For those of you that like baked potato soups, you might give this one a try! Much healthier and much lower in calories.
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart chicken stock or vegetable stock
- tablespoon shredded white cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in soup pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil.
- Change heat to low and place a lid over the cauliflower for about 15 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, remove from heat.
- Blend in batches in a blender or in the pot with an immersion blender.
- Stir in the cheese and sprinkle with fresh pepper and salt.
Here is the cauliflower just cooking away- I will confess this is not my favorite smell :). I usually have a window open or a candle lit when cooking cauliflower.
And here is your final product- so rich and creamy!
Recipe Source: Dave Leiberman
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy:
Ranch Roasted Chickpeas– so yummy!