I have been playing with various lemonade recipes all summer and my favorite so far is this one for Peach Lemonade.
It is pretty simple to make and so delicious. The recipe calls for fresh peaches but I actually had a huge bag of frozen waiting to be used and those worked just fine for this recipe.
- 2 Cups of Chopped Peaches
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Combine 4 cups of water, peaches and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and let stand about 15-20 min so the mixture cools.
- Press peach mixture over a strainer and into a pitcher.
- You should have just a little peach left over on top of the strainer.
- Discard that peach or set aside to top ice cream or yogurt.
- Add 1 cup of lemon juice and mix well.
I found this recipe a bit sweet so you might adjust the sugar or add a few more cups of water to suit your taste.
And there you have a perfect cold drink for warm summer days!
If you want another idea for a perfect summer drink, try the Copycat Starbucks Iced Passion Tea Lemonade recipe!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine.