Whew- we are going through a heat wave here in California and as a result the kitchen is not my favorite place to be.
I have a very simple 4 ingredient crock pot recipe to make creamy chicken tacos. You can use the leftovers for Fajitas, Nachos or make little Taco Cupcakes for the kids.
This recipe is so simple and such a crowd pleaser- give it a shot and I bet it goes on regular rotation at your house!
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz salsa
- 1 tbl Taco Seasoning Mix
- Mix the salsa, taco seasoning and cream cheese in a crock pot for about 20 min on low.
- The cream cheese should soften and you can mix it together with the salsa and seasoning.
- Add the chicken breast.
- Cook on low for 3 hours (fresh chicken) or 6 hours (frozen chicken).
- Remove from crock pot and serve!
The nice thing about this recipe is that leftovers are fantastic for nachos or whatever else.
If you pull the chicken from the crock pot and add it to your stand mixer, turn the mixer on low and you will get perfect shredded chicken. I do this with this recipe and it is much easier then shredding by hand. You might want to add the remaining sauce from the bottom of the crock pot to the mixing bowl first to keep the chicken super creamy.
You might also like this Grilled Mexican Corn recipe! It takes just a few minutes and is sooo delicious!