Jul
2012

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe

07/13/2012. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

Whew- we are going through a heat wave here in California and as a result the kitchen is not my favorite place to be.

I have a very simple 4 ingredient crock pot recipe to make creamy chicken tacos.  You can use the leftovers for Fajitas, Nachos or make little Taco Cupcakes for the kids.

This recipe is so simple and such a crowd pleaser- give it a shot and I bet it goes on regular rotation at your house!

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe
Author:
Recipe type: Dinner, Crock Pot recipe
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4

Quick and easy, four ingredient Creamy Chicken Taco recipe.
Ingredients
  • 4 oz Cream Cheese
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 8 oz salsa
  • 1 tbl Taco Seasoning Mix
Instructions
  1. Mix the salsa, taco seasoning and cream cheese in a crock pot for about 20 min on low.
  2. The cream cheese should soften and you can mix it together with the salsa and seasoning.
  3. Add the chicken breast.
  4. Cook on low for 3 hours (fresh chicken) or 6 hours (frozen chicken).
  5. Remove from crock pot and serve!

The nice thing about this recipe is that leftovers are fantastic for nachos or whatever else.

If you pull the chicken from the crock pot and add it to your stand mixer, turn the mixer on low and you will get perfect shredded chicken. I do this with this recipe and it is much easier then shredding by hand. You might want to add the remaining sauce from the bottom of the crock pot to the mixing bowl first to keep the chicken super creamy.

You might also like this Grilled Mexican Corn recipe! It takes just a few minutes and is sooo delicious!

Tatyana July 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I will try it. Thank you!

aimee July 14, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Me too! Looks yummy! Thanks for everything you do.

karen July 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM

can you substitute plain greek yogurt for the cream cheese?

Charlene July 14, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Karen,

I haven’t tried that but it is a great idea :)

Mindi July 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM

This is so awesome, easy and tasty. Even my kids 5, 3 and 2 year olds loved it. Thanks for the recipe.

Charlene July 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I am so glad Mindi! Did you try the shredding the chicken trick? Such a smart way to do it!

Mindi July 15, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I did shred the chicken, but I just used my hand mixer in the crock pot itself. I don’t know how I never knew of this trick. I spend an insane amount of time shredding pork when I make pulled pork. I’m going to try it with that as well.

Mella July 16, 2012 at 8:22 PM

We had this last night and it was great! I’m not much of a cool but I was able to make it. Everyone loved it. Thank you!

Jessica September 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I make this chicken without the taco seasoning and add canned green chiles. Then I use large tortillas, spread a thin layer of refried beans, top with the chicken mixture, and roll. I put 5-8 side-by-side in a 9×13 pan, cover with more salsa and shredded cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes. My husband and kids love it!