Here is a little list of some projected stock up prices for Back to School items.
I just wanted to give you a rough idea of what good deals are for school supplies. It is really hard to anticipate exactly what deals and what coupons will pop up so this is just a general guideline to give you an idea.
I did not factor in the penny deals. These are often available at the office supply stores however most of the time they require a $5.00 purchase.
Typically we see coupons for Crayola items (they post them weekly on the Facebook page), Bic items and Scotch items. In the past Bic Wite Out, Highlighters and ballpoint pens have been free with these coupons. Target has released Papermate coupons that make those ballpoint pens free as well.
- Crayola Crayons 24ct $.25-.50
- *Usually Toys R Us will offer Crayola 4/$1 a few times. Roseart crayons are typically .25 per box or even less.
- Crayola 10ct Markers $.99
- Crayola Washable Markers $1.50
- Crayola 12ct Colored Pencils $.99
- Crayola Washable Crayons 24ct $1.50
- Watercolors 8ct $.99
- School Glue $.15-.50
- Glue Sticks $.50
::Pens, pencils and highlighters.
- 12ct Pencils (generic brand) $.25
- *Some schools require Ticonderoga and those are considerably more expensive.
- 5pk Mechanical Pencils $.50
- Sharpie Highlighters $.50
- Sharpie Markers- singles $.50
- Sharpie 8pks $3.99
- Sharpie Black 2pk Markers $.50
- Dry Erase Markers 4pk $.50
- Bic Ballpoint Pens $.50
- Two Pocket Folders $.01-.15
- Scissors $.49
- Rulers $.25
- Composition Books $.25
- Spiral Notebooks $.10
- Binders- 1″ Economy $1.00
- Filler Paper 150 sheets $.75
- Pencil Sharpeners $.39
- Scotch Tape $.50
- Index Cards $.50-1.00
- Construction Paper $1.50-1.75
- Sheet Protectors $.50
As far as backpacks, we typically see a free after rewards offer on these from the office supply stores. For a nicer backpack, about $13-$15 is a good price. Usually Target will offer backpacks around $6-9 and lunchsacks as low as $3.00. For small children, Toys R Us will usually offer an ongoing deal to get a free lunchsack with purchase of a backpack.
Remember school supplies are not just for your little ones. We often see items for just $.01 and those are great stocking stuffers, donation items, Operation Christmas Child boxes and you can always stock up on a lot of supplies to use in a gift basket for teachers.
I will be posting weekly roundups of the best Back to School deals in the coming weeks. You can just check the right sidebar of the blog under “Looking for Something” and then select Back to School. That will take you to the most current Back to School deals posted.
Update: I added a one page reference sheet with all the prices listed above here. You can print this out and have it with you when you shop!