May
2012

Safeway Ad & Deals 5/2-5/8

05/01/2012. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

You can see Safeway’s coupon policy right here. Most stores will allow you to stack a manufacturer coupon with the store coupons that can be found in the weekly circulars. You will want to be sure to get a club card for Safeway to take advantage of the sale prices! Safeway sale prices tend to vary from region to region so you will always want to double check your local ad! Also, I do not have double coupons in my area so your prices are likely much better than mine!Be sure to read about the new Just for U program rolling out at Safeway!

…Click Below to See the Complete List of Safeway Deals….

***NOTES:

1. If you do have Just 4 U, you might check through your offers and see if you have the free Starbucks energy drink coupon.
2. There is another $10 catalina back when you spend $75 5/2-5/6. The normal exclusions apply and are listed on the front of the ad.
3. The half off Starbucks Frappucino offer is running inside Safeway Starbucks Kiosks.
4. Note on the Buy 4 Save $4 promotion, the prices listed are after the $4 savings is applied.

This List Has Expired
MEAT/SEAFOOD

PRODUCE

PANTRY

WED-SAT ONLY SALES

OTHER DEALS

FROZEN

DAIRY

Buy 4 Save $4 Sale- Mix and Match

FRIDAY ONLY

BEVERAGES

I marked all my favorite deals with an *. You can see the current list of Safeway catalina offers here.

kristen h May 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM

For the El Monterey Burritos? My coupon says 15-30oz and the items listed are Taquitos, Chimi’s, Taco’s and Tamales. Are you sure these can be used on the Burritos?

Charlene May 1, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Kristen,

If the coupon is incorrect just let me know and I can correct it. No you can’t use a coupon on an item that the coupon is not intended for ;). It is listed as “$1 off El Monterey Mexican Snacks 15oz+” in the coupon database, so clearly the database is incorrect and that is what the matchups are based off of.

-Charlene

yuseline May 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Yeah I just printed mine and asked myself the same question. It does say 15-30 oz Snacks

Endcapps May 2, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Thanks for the tip about the free Starbucks Refreshers on J4U. Got it! Also got a free Quaker Medleys Oatmeal Cup. And a $1.50-off your order wyb any Mother’s Day greeting card.
I appreciate all your match ups.

Catherine May 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM

ya, excited for the spend $75 / get $10 catalina deal as i’m out of meat in the house. so will also go with the greeting card deal. i’m waiting till Friday so I can score on the Friday deals. thanks !! :)

Melissa May 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I was shopping yesterday and bought a bunch of cereal, some fruit snacks, and a few 24 packs of dr. pepper that were on sale and had coupons attached to them. I received a catalina for a free ticket to see the avengers. Do you think it was from the dr. pepper or the cereal?

lyra May 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

thanks for the match up! Anyone know where safeway stocks the starbucks refreshers? I was searching in the front cases by the checkout, the cases by the deli and the soda and water aisle. No luck.

iren May 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Have a question: can I use catalina from cream cheese to buy another cream cheese and still get another catalina?

Charlene May 3, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Yes Iren. The only time you have an issue with that is at Walgreens and only Walgreens. Very, very, very rarely at Safeway but they will have some sort of disclaimer about it listed on the catalina. I have only seen it once since I started posting the deals from them a few years ago.

El May 4, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Went to Safeway for the $1.49-when-you-buy-4 cereal. Got 8 boxes of Cheerios. Had 4 $.75 and 4 $.60′s coupons that all doubled. Total was $1.12 for 8! Gave them all to the food pantry.

Mary May 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Melissa….

How many Dr. Peppers did you buy in total and/or $? there is a promo buy $20 of selected products get movie ticket.

Endcapps May 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM

$1/1 peelies on the $5 Friday Thick Cut Bacon @ Sfwy = $4 for 22 oz

Melissa May 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Mary…
I bought 4 so it would have been over $20 before coupons. I might need to go back and repeat the deal. My husband loves diet dr. pepper. :) Thanks