Apr
2012

Free Printable: April Fresh Produce and Grocery Sale Guide

04/02/2012. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

Here is a free printable list of what is on sale at the grocery stores this month as well as the fresh produce in season right now.

As we all know, what is in season is usually going to taste the best and is usually going to be on sale. So by focusing on what is in season and basing your meals around that, you can easily save quite a bit at the grocery store.

There are also the other grocery items that we should see on sale right now as well as a little peek ahead at what May will bring.

You can download your free copy of the April Fresh seasonal produce and grocery sales cycle guide here.

You can find any coupons you might need to pair with the sales from the coupon database.

JennM April 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I hope this will be a monthly reoccuring post. Awesome!!! Thanks.

Charlene April 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Thanks Jenn :). I did one for March but so far you are the only one that likes it :P.

Katie @ MyDailyBreadCrumbs April 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I like it too!!!! I didn’t see last months.

Trisha April 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I really like it too Charlene! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, it really helps me plan!:)

Ami April 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM

This is super helpful. I know that sales and produce are seasonal but I can’t remember what comes when. Out of curiosity, what is it about this time of year that makes olive oil and organics go on sale?

Robin April 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Count me in, I love it too! Thanks for putting this together Charlene.

Nicole April 2, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I like it too! Thank you.

delia April 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM

This is perfect timing I was just asking my husband if he knew what was in season and of course he had no clue! So this is perfect. Wish I would have noticed last months too.

Charlene April 2, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Ami,

For the organics, the reason is Earth Month. It used to be Earth Day but then it started stretching out to Earth Week and last year I saw references to Earth Month. So we see promotions on healthy, natural, green and organics all month.

Soy stuff goes on sale too because it is National Soy Month but who would have known that. For the olive oil the reason is that there is a new season that starts in April so the older stuff starts going on sale.

karen April 3, 2012 at 5:30 AM

I like it! I hope it con’t….also does it matter what state you live in for the whats on sale list? Im in FL so i notice some things are on sale than others. For instance we have sweet potatoes for 49 cents/lb.

Shuchi April 3, 2012 at 6:22 AM

This is awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

Charlene April 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Karen,

Yeah produce will be slightly different around the country. :)

Pamela April 21, 2012 at 5:08 PM

This is so helpful thankyou for all of your work. Keep up with the hard work. I will be looking for Mays list.