Mar
2012

Target: Free Beauty Bag

03/05/2012. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

There is a new free beauty bag available from Target. In the past these have been nice cosmetic bags filled with samples and coupons. They have always been fantastic freebies.

Target used to mail them to your home but this time around they have changed things up.

You want to watch the bottom of your receipts and see if you get a little code. If you do just enter it here and your sample bag will be on the way.

So if anyone happens to notice the code on the bottom of your receipt we’d love to know what you bought to trigger it!

See more Target coupon deals for the week here.

Karen March 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

It doesnt really help much but this is from the Target FB pg:

At this time, we’re unable to share any specifics on the qualifying items other than they are beauty products available in our Target stores. And when you purchase three or more qualifying beauty items, you’ll receive a code via receipt. – Ariel

There is some speculation that it involves purchasing brands listed that the bag contains (Nivea, Nexxus, Pantene, L’Oreal, Neutrogena, Simple and more.) …or else Target exclusive beauty brands like Sonia Kashuk etc. But you have to buy 3 qualifiers in the next few weeks. Wonder why it is so vague. :-/

jessica March 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM

omg – I love these. i shop target sooo much. now I will look at my reciepts!

Kris March 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I hope I get one–I love these bags! Of course, I just bought toiletries last week at Target because of the deals. That’s probably what you need to purchase to get a code. Fingers crossed!

Laurie March 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I went to Target this morning to purchase the Cheer that is on sale with my coupon and 2 headbands for my daughter (which were on clearance) And got two of the Welch’s fizz drinks. My code for the beauty bag printed out on a separate receipt like when you get coupons for target. Good luck

Chessie March 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Hello. I actually bought a Simple Face Wash (included in bag)yesterday thnking it might generate the code, but it did not.

nicolle March 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM

hello ya its random!! it kinda sux but it doesn’t matter what you buy nothing triggers it its a catalina and its totally random!

Sofee March 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM

If anyone gets a code, post! post! Maybe it will work for those of us that keep buying and not able to get one :(

Michelle March 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Purchased clearance athletic wear and got lucky with a Catalina coupon! Can’t wait for my free samples to arrive!

nicolle March 6, 2012 at 9:54 AM

no the code is unique to each purchase unfortunatly only one time use
i saw that posted already on a diff site

Sys March 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Target is pathetic. Walmart is always giving away free samples and coupons, and you don’t have to buy anything. This random stuff is terrible!

Charlene March 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Sys,

They have sent these bags out for free in the mail twice before and they are actually really nice bags. I guess I think anything that a company gives away for free is better than nothing at all ;). Even if I don’t get a bag code on my receipt, I am sure lots of others will get one and enjoy the bag.

-Charlene

Don't Mess with Texas March 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM

This borders on SCAM. Just to receive samples, you must have a code after having bought 3 unknown items. Just give them on first come basis. We buy items with coupons so we don’t buy all 3 items at the same time. I am sick of this game. Target can keep their samples. It was a great sample package when I got it before, but I don’t have time to jump through hoops. I used high dollar coupons to get better deals. This is a game I have no time for.

Cool Breeze March 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Charlene, thank you for your comment. You are exactly right. It was a great sample package too. I am with Dont Mess with TX. I don’t have time for a bunch of games of buying 3 certain items. Just advertise how to get the freebie and post it so we know.

Olay had a recent promo like this. If you bought 3 of their products you could get a nice makeup bag from Elle or some other high end magazine.

ALECIA March 23, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I have to agree with Don’t Mess With Texas as well. If you list it under a free sample site we shouldn’t have to purchase anything to recieve said sample. Let alone just saying it’s random so we have to keep making multiple purchases for a litlle bag of a few samples. Nice way to scam your customers.

Charlene March 23, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I would recommend you all direct your comments to Target which is where this promotion is from. I really have nothing at all to do with how they handle things. I simply passed along the information.

-Charlene

nicolle March 24, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Charlene taregt will not answer you all they say is you have to purchase something thats it. alot of us have tried that and have gotten nowhere

Charlene March 24, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Ok well I am sorry they tied this promotion to a purchase but unfortunately I really have nothing at all to do with how they execute promotions. The only involvement I have is just passing along the information. ;)

Nancy March 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Hey, can some of you who have received the code please post ? If you already ordered it, then you won’t lose anything.

Megan March 25, 2012 at 3:11 PM

To “Texas” and the ladies that sides with her are all cheap lazy women. Do they not remember that this is a FREE giveaway. Target’s not asking you to buy anything. But if you choose to shop at Target, you might get lucky and get a code for a FREE gift bag. Again, it’s FREE. They don’t have to give you anything for making your every day purchases, but they are. Be more appreciative or Target just might stop giving anything away free….

pam March 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Taget is off base. If something is promoted as being free…it should be free. Period. If it was supposed to be free with purchase then it does not belong under the free sample area.

tara Kitchens March 26, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Well I think this sucks I have not gotten a baggie and have gone to Target on two different occasions hoping for a code so I could get one… I mean really? The should have it or not have it no in betweens!

nicolle March 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Hey megan your a tad of base about what we are all gripping about here. what the issue is is that all the other beauty bags have actually been free and we all enjoy them very much i actually got hooked on one of the lotions i received from them but they are now requiring a purchase and calling it a free sample it is not. By all accounts its a gift with purchase which target needs to specify we are not all cheap here we all like to save money if your not *cheap* wana throw some money my way then! I can always use it

ALECIA March 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

If it makes anyone feel better I saw mine print and when I wasn’t looking the catalina “disappeared”. The cashier and the manager I asked to help me told me they could not reprint and I would have to just try for it again. I wrote to corporate and the facebook support to get help and they all said just keep going back and try to get another one. I advise you watch your cashiers to make sure they aren’t taking your codes when you aren’t looking. Target won’t help you out if it happens.