Safeway Shoppers: Lucerne Coupon $2 off a $10 Purchase

Here is a Lucerne Coupon for $2 off a $10 purchase.  I have never seen a Lucerne coupon before and I think these products are unique to the Safeway family stores?

This is really a weird coupon because the fine print reads not valid on fluid dairy purchases (yet it pictures milk) and it says minimum $1 purchase required (umm.. the coupon is $2 off $10 Safeway…) and lastly, it says only one item per coupon.

My plan was to use it to stock up on sliced cheese and butter but I am having a hard time thinking of any Lucerne items that are $10 or more?

So who knows what the heck they mean with this coupon.

See more Safeway coupon deals for the week here.

Comments

1. Tamara says

I printed this earlier from the Safeway Facebook posting and it has since disappeared. The post said $1 off $5…then printed $2 off $10. The big wording on the coupon says “On $10.00 of LUCERNE PRODUCTS”…plural, but then the small print says “only one item per coupon”. None of the products they show are $10+ each. I think it has to be for multiple items totally $10 or more. I am hoping they do their $5 Friday 32 oz. cheese blocks again soon. Then you could get 4 lbs of cheese for $8!!! That is a good deal in Cali!

2. Karen says

thatreally is a good but strange cpn. as far as i know Lucerne is a SW only brand and is dairy only. it lists a bunch of products after the cpn ….none of which is available in an over 10 dollar price per item. Besides the things you mentioned mine says expires Apr 7 (30 days) but the fine print says cpn expires 6/30.

do we know where this cpn came from? FB? i looked at the http://www.artofdairy.com site and didnt see it there.

3. Charlene says

Tamara,

Yeah I didn’t want to post until I got home to see exactly what it says. So crazy. Maybe they will put it back up on Facebook again with corrections?

4. Kim says

Usually when they say no liquid products, that includes milk and ice cream. By the time you buy a couple poumds of butter and cheese you’ve got $10 dollars easily. Generally when Safeway said $10 purchase they don’t limit it to just Lucerne, it means $10 total on groceries.

5. Kate says

Wierd….just saw lucerne last week at winco, but the coupon is only good at safeway stores….will try it out this weekend….I have four freebies in the “new” just for you account with no minimum purchase. Anyone else have such luck?

6. Charlene says

Kim, it says “Save $2 on $10 of Lucerne Products” so I believe it is $10 of Lucerne items not just a $10 purchase. And then it says “only one item per coupon.” So that is very confusing. The bottom of the coupon shows single cups of yogurt, half gallons of milk, cream cheese etc…

7. jenni says

It looks to me like someone just cut/pasted the general coupon legalese in the small print. The real giveaway is the ‘expires 6/30/12, while at the top it clearly states that it expires 4/7. Since the coupon pictures fluid milk I think they’d have to accept it///especially if you keep the text that prints on the bottom of the page. If they do the $5 blocks of cheese, this is really awesome.

8. bree says

fyi, for the future-winco does carry some lucerne products-I have bought lucerne yogurt, and sour cream there before.

9. Lydia M. says

There is a better and less confusing coupon for Lucerne products that carry the “real California milk” logo located on the realcaliforniamilk.com website. It is for $.55/1 so if you bought four items you would save $2.20 instead of $2/$10. That is unless it is really for $2/1 cheese product with any purchase of $10 or more. The coupon is located at the far right of the header under “for Californians,” if you are interested. The website also has a coupon for $.55/1 real California milk product and a $.55/1 real California dairy product.

10. Charlene says

Thanks Lydia. I have posted that one numerous times over the past few years :). I think this one I was interested in because not all Lucerne items carry the Real CA Cheese symbol. Also, not all Safeway stores will accept those because they don’t usually scan. It seems that some people outside of California don’t see the Real CA symbols on products as well.

I think for the smaller items you are absolutely right, it would be a better deal. Some of us were thinking the larger cheeses though or like I mentioned the sliced cheese that doesn’t always carry the seal. So two options for people to consider.

-Charlene

11. Jen D. says

Is this coupon really valid? When I type the verify code into veri-fy.com this is what pops up. It makes me wonder with the expiration dates not matching and the legalese not matching up either. Seems odd.

You entered Veri-FI code 0749409085222101

This code is VALID.

The coupons bearing this code
    must read as follows:
    Summary Buy 2 Get 1 Free
    Description: Get Any 1 Free
    UPC Code: 5 231006711 6
    EAN Code:
    Exp. Date: No Later Than 1/19/2011
    Timestamp: 12/16/2010 9:50:39 AM

12. Charlene says

Jen,

The coupon was posted by Safeway and that is where I got the link.

-Charlene

13. Melissa says

Hi just wanted to share I printed the coupon this morning purchased $11 in lucerne sliced cheese and the coupon did not scan at the register. The store manager said he would not accept it and did not give me the price. I hope you have better luck than me!

14. Zoe says

My children love the string cheese maxi-packs, they usually retail at about $11-12 for 36-pack. So this is a great one for us :)