Jan
2012

Shop for Free: CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid

01/19/2012. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

Here are the Shop for Free deals starting 1/22 at the drugstores. These are all items you can get for free or almost free. If you are new to shopping with coupons, you might want check out the Learning to use Coupons post. If you are new to shopping at the drugstores, check out the Drugstore 101 for all the info you need!

Click below to see all the deals…

Shop for Free CVS

Blistex Premium Lip Balms $2.87
Get $2 ECB back (limit 1)
Use $0.55/1 Blistex Cold & Allergy Lip Soother, Five Star Lip Protection, Complete Moisture, or Lip Ointment, exp. 1/31/12 (SS 11/13/11 R)
or Use $.35/1 from 1/22 SS
Final Price: as low as $.32

Carefree Liners $.99
Use $.50/1 from 1/8 SS
Final Price: $.49

Estroven $9.99
Get $9.99 ECB (limit 1)
Final Price: Free!

Tasters Choice Instant Coffee $1.00
Use $0.65/1 Nescafe Taster’s Choice Product printable
Final Price: $.35

Powerade, Fuze, Honest Tea, Smart Water, Vitamin Water 5/$5
Get $1 ECB on 5
Final Price: $.80 each

Revlon- Buy 2 face, eye, lip or beauty tools and get a $7 ECB (limit 1)
Projected starting price for beauty tools $2.99
Final Price: possibly a $1 moneymaker after ECB

Shop for Free Rite Aid

Post Cereals or Quaker Granola Bars 2/$5
Use $1/1 Honey Bunches of Oats coupon
or Use $1/2 Post Great Grains coupon
Use $1/1 Post Shredded Wheat, Grape-Nuts or Post Raisin Bran Cereals printable
and Get $1 +Up on 2 (limit 2)
Final Price: as low as $1 per box

Hershey’s Bars $.50
Use FREE Hershey’s Air Delight Aerated Milk Chocolate Bar wyb Any Milk Chocolate Bar, exp. 2/8/12 (SS 01/08/12)- if included
Final Price: $.25 each

Select Rite Aid brand candy 2/$1.98
Get $1 +Up on 2 (limit 2)
Final Price: $.49 per bag

Finesse 2/$6
Get $3 +Up Reward (limit 2)
Use (2) $1/1 from 10/16 SS
Final Price: $.50 each

Brita Pitcher $14.99
Use $4/1 Brita Pitcher or Faucet Mount System, exp. 2/4/12 (SS 12/04/11)
Pay $10.99
Get back $5 Rite Aid rebate (not free but a good deal!)

Conair Hairbrushes- Buy 1 and get a $2 +Up Reward (limit 3)
Projected price for Conair Vibe $2.99
Final Price: $.99

Trident Gum $1
Use $0.25/1 Trident Product RA printable
or Use Buy 3 Get 1 Free from 12/11 SS
or Use $1/3 from 1/8 SS
Final Price: $.58 each

Up2U or Mentos 3/$3
Get $1 +Up on 3 (limit 4)
Use $1/1 Up2U from 1/1 SS
or Use $.55/1 Mentos from 1/1 SS
Final Price: $1 moneymaker on Up2U with (3) coupons

Shop for Free Walgreens

Renew Life Flush & Be Fit 14 D ay Kit, $20
Buy 1, Get a $20 Mail In Rebate Form at checkout
FREE after Rebate!

Triaminic Fever Reducer Pain Reliever Product, 2/$10
Buy 2, Get $5 in Register Rewards
$3/1 Triaminic Fever Reducer Pain Reliever Product, exp. 2/15/12 (SS 12/04/11)
$1/1 Triaminic Fever Reducer Pain Reliever Product, exp. 4/30/12 (SS 01/22/12)
FREE + $1 Money Maker after Coupons and RR!

Tylenol Cold Liquid Product, 2/$10
Buy $10, Get $5 in Register Rewards
$2/1 Tylenol Cold Liquid Product, exp. 3/31/12 (SS 01/15/12)
$0.50 ea. after Coupons and RR

Cortaid Product, $3.99
$3/1 Cortaid Product, exp. 3/31/12 (SS 01/08/12 #2)
and Use $2/1 In Ad Coupon
FREE after Coupons!

Ultimate Flurry Protein Bar, $1.99
Buy 1, Get $2 in Register Rewards
FREE after Register Rewards

ThermaCare Product, $5.99
Buy 2, Get $5 in Register Rewards
$3/1 ThermaCare Product printable
 $0.50 ea. after coupons!
*I believe that Thermacare coupon might be one per computer.

Thanks to Passion for Savings for her help with Walgreens. Remember this is for NEXT WEEK. If you want to head out this week, check out the drugstore deals running through 1/21.

Summer January 19, 2012 at 10:43 AM

” Here are the Shop for Free deals starting 7/17 at the drugstores. ”

Is this the correct date?

Jennifer Brown January 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Starting 7/17… I’m so lost, is this next week’s deals?

annie January 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

In the yellow where there is the description why does it say 7/17????

Ms. Walker January 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I think you made a mistake, you wrote these sales start 7/17 but you probable meant 1/17!

Charlene January 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM

No Ms. Walker, it is just a template that I use and I have to update it each time. Sometimes I forget to change the date at the top. The sales start 1/22.

Sabrina January 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM

The date is wrong for these if they start on Sunday (01/22/12). Thanks for ALL that you do! Love your blog!!

Sabrina January 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Sorry, you changed it :)

Charlene January 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Ok it is just a small mistake. My deepest apologies that everyone is so upset. I have a generic template that gets updated every week. The template was created on July 17th. If I forget to change the date it reads 7/17. There is no reason to be upset- the deals start Sunday just like they always do.

Carli January 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I didn’t even notice- these always start the following Sunday and they are very much appreciated. Thank you so much for all your hard work, Charlene! It was just a tiny oversight people- geesh!

momrose3 January 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I got a walgreens q for $2/1 thermacare 2or3pk when i brought last weeks thermacare deal can i use that with the $3/1 ip? also those boxes from last weeks wags deal had $1/1 inside them for those who haven’t looked inside (at least mine did). so is the deal (2) @ $5.99 = $11.98 – (2) $2/1 wags q -$3/1 ip – $3/1 ip = $1.98 get back $5? is that right?
thanks for posting these for us! Seems silly to me for people to get so upset about a date on a blog i’d think people would just be happy you do all this work for us. i know i am! thanks again :-)

Amy January 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Carefree Liners $.99
Use $.50/1 from 1/8 SS
Final Price: $.49

My coupon says it excludes those sizes…anyone else?

roxy! January 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Good Question Momrose3 Can we use the walgreen coupon that was print out as a catalina machine plus the $3.00 print out?????

Annye January 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but where may I find the $1/1 Post Shredded Wheat, Grape-Nuts or Post Raisin Bran Cereals printable? I followed the link to walmart.com, but it just gives information about the cereal, no coupon. Thanks in advance for your help!

Claire January 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Seriously people. Learn some manners. You knew it was for next week. Why do you have to be so rude? Charlene, you do a great job. Thank you for everything you do and all the money you save everyone every day. I appreciate you and I know your other readers do too!

annie January 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM

annye – the post and grape nuts coupon is found in the ss 1/15 insert.
@roxy- yes you can as long as you have the same amount of coupons and items

Charlene January 19, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Annye, I think it might be gone. I checked it last night when I started the list and it popped right up now I can’t see it either. That one I checked it and it had a Walmart logo too.

annie January 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Charlene the cereal coupons are in the ss 1/15

Summer January 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I don’t see anyone being rude or seeming upset. It was mearly a question. I appreciate all your hard work Charlene as do many others.

Heather January 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Thanks so very much! You make it possible to save time & money! :)

Amy G. January 21, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Charlene, There is a $1 off Triaminic Fever Reducer in the Jan. Coupon book, making it FREE if you have the $3/1!!!

Charlene January 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Amy, the coupon I can see says 2pk? Do you see a different one?

Chela January 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM

For walgreens register rewards deals, does “limit 1 coupon printed per offer” mean per person or per transaction?
i.e. bars on sale for $1 each, free after $1RR

I.E. buy two in one transaction and you only would recieve $1 RR
and if you do both in diff transactions you would recieve both RR seperately.

Charlene January 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Yes to the latter Chela. If you have more Walgreens questions this might help,

Chela January 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

What does yes to the latter mean?

Chela January 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Charlene, that doesn’t answer my question. I meant is there a limit to how many register reward offers you can get per item because under a deal with RR it says limit 1coupon printed per offer. so is that limit 1per week?

Charlene January 21, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Well first all the information you need can be found in the article that I suggested. Second this is what you said:

“I.E. buy two in one transaction and you only would recieve $1 RR
and if you do both in diff transactions you would recieve both RR seperately.”

So yes purchase them separately and buy as many as you want. Buy more than one at one time and get one Register Reward total. There are other quirks to using Register Rewards that you will want to understand and I suggest you read all about them so you understand fully how they work.

Chela January 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

so the “limit 1 coupon printed per offer” just refers to the item? not the customer?

Charlene January 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

No. That means in this case there is a $1 Register Reward. You will receive a grand total of one Register Reward per transaction. If you purchase 20 boxes in one transaction you will receive one Register Reward. If you go through the line 20 different times and pay 20 different times, you will receive a total of (20) $1 Register Rewards. You may not use the Register Rewards to pay for another box of the same item or you won’t get another Register Reward. It says one printed per offer. So one per transaction is what that means.

Chela January 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM

so i can do many transactions?

Chela January 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM

i mean, there is no limit to how transactions i could do?

Chela January 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

So i can do how many transactions for the same item with RR as i want? Then why did the cashier tell me there was a limit?

Chela January 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Of one per person?

Tiffany January 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Chela…you should read the aritcle on her page at http://myfrugaladventures.com/2009/11/walgreens-register-rewards/

It will help you to understand how everything works. It is difficult to answer all questions, but if you read through her site, you will learn how to be a successful and honest couponer =)

Just so you know, each store can limit the number of “like items” you are purchasing to make it fair for the next customer. I have learned that each Walgreens is different in how they limit transactions and/or number of “like” items purchased. It is better to get to know your store manager and ask them. Also remember you cannot use the RR you received in the first transaction to buy the SAME item in a second transaction, or it will not print another RR.

vicky January 22, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Is there a limit to how many RR deals a person can get?

amy g January 22, 2012 at 11:23 AM

You are right Charlene, it does say
2 pack :(

Charlene January 22, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Chela, the store can impose limits if they want. If you are planning 2 or 3 transactions you will be fine in most cases. If you are planning 27 transactions I would consider that very unreasonable and you probably will have some problems.