Jul
2011

CVS Coupon: New Send to Card Feature

07/27/2011. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

I heard CVS was going to start offering these new send to card CVS coupons and I have been waiting and waiting to get one of my very own. Viola! This morning one finally hit my inbox and I can’t wait to give it a whirl.

Basically they are offering the choice now of printing out your CVS coupons or just click a button and it will be sent to your CVS card. This saves on printing the coupon and also on remembering to print the coupon which seems to be a problem for me.

The only thing is that if you send it to your card it is applied to your next purchase. ┬áSo if you won’t be spending the minimum amount the next time you shop, you might want to just print the coupon instead.

You can read the CVS Couponing 101 post to learn about shopping at CVS and you can register for CVS coupons by signing up for the emails.

Cheyenne July 27, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I never get CVS coupons. I get emails and my card is registered, but I never get coupons for in store.

Kerri July 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I didn’t get the email either Cheyenne but when you go to CVS.com and log in, the coupon is listed under your extracare bucks available.

Shelly July 27, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I got to email and added it to my card. I might test it tonight. I’ll printed a copy too just in case.

amy July 27, 2011 at 2:20 PM

So, here’s my only concern about this….whenever I use these coupons, I always hand it over first because my total is never $25 after coupons. I wonder if this will affect that at all…like, will it take the $5 off after all coupons have been rung up?

amy July 27, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I should have reworded that…..will it take the final total AFTER all coupons have been scanned and if it’s not $25, the $5 won’t come off?

Alexandria D. July 27, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I sent it to my card and then when I scanned my card at the red coupon machine, that’s where it printed out. So you could use it when you want to.

TaMara Simon July 27, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Good question Amy. That makes all the difference!

J Miller July 27, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I used it at CVS. As soon as you reach the 25.00 the machine knows to take it off your total. It does it before any coupons.

Oksana July 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Charlene, I don’t know if anyone mentioned this already but there is a deal going on right now on Huggies Jeans Diapers. I went to CVS yesterday and got a $4/1 Huggies Jeans coupon out of the machine. They are on sale 2/$15.98 and you get $3 ECB. You can use 2 $1.50/1 Manufacturer coupons. Final price 2/$5.98, or 2.99 per pack after ECB.

monica July 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I sent mine to the card, then tried printing (for backup) but it said I had already loaded it to the card.

as soon as they subtotaled my purchase, the $5 came off then I gave them all my coupons and ecbs

Angie July 29, 2011 at 5:27 AM

I just wanted go say that I get the CVS coupons via e-mail when they are offered, but when I was shopping there more frequently, I didn’t. My husband also has a card (that I use :)) and he would get the offers sent to his e-mail when I didn’t. So, for Cheyenne: I don’t know how they select who gets the coupons, but I know not everyone gets them every time. I would try getting a second card and registering it with a different e-mail address.

The other thing I wanted to say is that I got the e-mail, but there is no option for me to send to card. Maybe this is being piloted in only some areas?? I will love this feature if it is eventually offered to me. : )