Jun
2011

Free $5 Gift Certificate to Best Buy (iPhone and Android Users Only)

06/14/2011. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

Reader Chia sent this deal to me about a month ago and I couldn’t get it to work. Reader Anna passed it along again today and now it is working for me- so worth a shot if you like Best Buy.

You will need an iPhone or Android (I would try this on any other device too and see what happens, it might work on iTouch and iPad etc…).

You just download the ShopKick app from iTunes.
Then I clicked on “collect” and a bunch of offers came up for me.
I scrolled down until I saw “Best Buy” and once that was listed I clicked on it and saw an offer for a free $5 gift certificate to be redeemed in store.
I had to register and then you should get a unique code that can be redeemed on an item priced $5 or more.

I can see movies priced at $5.99 or more in the weekly Best Buy ad or you might find accessories for your electronics for a good price.

Has anyone used this $5 voucher yet? We’d love to hear what you found and how it worked out for you. You’ll have to move it because my certificate says that it needs to be redeemed by 6/16.

Thanks to Chia and to Anna!

PS:  You might want to like the MFA Facebook page because there are all sorts of great deals that readers pass along!

Jen June 14, 2011 at 6:44 PM

My husband and I just used the shopkicks Best Buy $5 — It was great! We got a $15 itunes card which rang up $12.75. We both showed our shopkicks and ended up getting the itunes card for $2.75!!!!!

Amanda C. June 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Thanks so much!!!! I have a Droid and it worked for me. DH is doing it on his phone right now too! :)

Stephanie H. June 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Got it! Thanks so much!

Endcapps June 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Worked on iPod Touch. I think I’ve used this app before when Sports Authority offered a $10 off any purchase Q and I got basketball shorts for free. Now I’m looking at my offers again and I see one for CVS but I can’t open it. I think it’s using GPS?

Charlene June 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Yup. That was the last time I posted about it., Thanks to Chia again on that one ;)

Lynn L June 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Charlene:
I have downloaded, registered, and picked my favorite store: Best Buy and I cannot find a $5 certificate (they offer $2, 5, 10 or 20 for 500+ kicks) The app keep denying my location. Help?

carli June 15, 2011 at 6:03 AM

Hi Charlene,
I am having the same issue as Lynn L. I only see a $2, $5, $10, or $20 BB gift certificate when using kicks… but I have no idea how to earn kicks?? Am I not in the right spot? I found this under rewards. Thanks!!

Lynn L June 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Carli,
After a little research on this offer, a mention was made that you must be near a Best Buy for the location to register so that the offer is made. I plan to try later this afternoon. I’ll let you know if it works…:)

Charlene June 15, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Lynn, just so you know I did this from home. It is 7.5 miles to Best Buy from my house.

Amanda C. June 15, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I went today and got my DH an iTunes giftcard for $2.75! :) I used the $5 Shopkicks certificate, plus a $5 reward that I had. We are going to go back later so DH can use the one on his phone, plus I have another $5 reward. He will probably pick out another iTunes card or I did see a stand with a bunch of $5.99 Blu Rays.

Thanks again!

myra June 15, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I already installed the application, but I can’t find the collect button. How do I get the $5 from Best Buy?

Endcapps June 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Ideas for using $5 Q~
Nintendo DS game cases (3 sets of 3, holds 9)…$.99
Expo white board markers, 4 ct (teachers!)…$.99
Burt’s Bees lipbalm, 2 ct …$.49
I redeemed mine on a $15 iTunes GC paid $7.50 and will tuck away for Xmas present. Used with no problems . Thx Charlene