Jun
2011

CVS Coupon: $5/20 in Some Newspapers Today!

06/23/2011. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

There is a CVS coupon for $5 off a $20 purchase in some newspapers today.  You might check and see if you get lucky!  The coupon is valid through Saturday and is $20 before coupons, so it can work out to a great deal!  If you do find this coupon please let us know which newspaper it was in the comments below!

Many stores will start the following week’s ad on Saturday evenings so here are two deal ideas:

For this weeks deals:

Buy 4 Lipton Iced Tea at $1.25 each
Buy 1 Hershey’s Bliss Chocolate at $5.99
Buy 1 LA Looks hair Gel at $2.49
Buy 1 Honest Tea at $1.00
Buy 4 Fuze Drinks at $1
Buy 1 Colgate Toothbrush 360 at $2.79
Subtotal $21.27
Use $5/20 CVS coupon
Use (2) BOGO Lipton Tea coupons
Use $1/1 Hershey’s from 5/1 SS
Use $1/1 LA Looks from 5/15 SS
Use $1/1 Honest tea from Recyclebank (must earn points first)
Use (2) $1/2 Fuze coupons from 4/10 SS
and Use $1/1 Colgate from All You May (or .75 coupon from 6/5 SS)
Pay $7.77 and get back $1 for Lipton, $5.99 for Hershey’s, $2 for LA Looks, $1 for Fuze, $2 for Colgate. That is a grand total of $11.99 in ECBs back.

If your store starts sales on Saturday night, here is an option:

Buy 4 Lipton Tea at $1.25
Buy 2 Schick Hydro Razors at $8.99/2
Buy 1 Hershey’s Chocolate at $5.99
Subtotal $19.98 (you may need a very small filler item)
Use $5/20 CVS coupon
Use (2) $4/1 Schick from 6/12 SS
Use (2) BOGO Lipton Tea coupons
Use $1/1 Hershey’s from 5/1 SS
Pay $3.48 and get back $1 for the tea and $5.99 for the chocolate!

You can see lots of CVS deals by scrolling down here.  Be sure to catch the great deal on Hawaiian Tropic!  That would be a perfect way to use this coupon!

Thanks Anna and Endcapps

Lacey June 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Does anyone know if its in the Houston chronicle?

Amy B. June 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM

has the printable version on her blog…..

Charlene June 23, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hey Amy- sorry I don’t want to be rude to you because I know you are being helpful but those are not authorized by CVS to be distributed to people so I won’t post those coupons. It is like when a pdf coupon is released and someone saves it and then the company does not want to have any more coupons out there and pulls it and then the people that saved it distribute the coupon to countless others. It just is something that I am very uncomfortable with and I don’t want to promote on MFA :)

Amy B. June 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Ohhh…i didnt know that…its not a pdf tho…its supposed to be a printable version of that coupon…last time when she posted it…I called CVS corp…and they said it was legit…..its ok…i understand :-)

Charlene June 23, 2011 at 12:58 PM

lacey on FB someone confirmed the Ft Worth paper has it but on the 3rd page. I would think Houston too but you might need to dig through the paper.

Brenda June 23, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Charlene,
Have you seen it in the Sac Bee?

Brenda June 23, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Oops! I just saw the picture you posted with your post. I got my paper already this morning and it didn’t have one. I’ll have to check at the store later. Thanks

Charlene June 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Brenda. The picture in the post is of today’s Sacramento Bee.

Suszy June 23, 2011 at 2:03 PM

I really didn’t think I would be so fortunate to get it again for the third week in a row but, it’s in the Detroit Free Press on page 9A – they made me work for it this week :)

amy June 23, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Sweet!! I’ve been hoping they would put out another one this week. I got a $4.50 pampers coupon at the magic coupon machine that i’ve been wanting to use this week on the diaper deal.

Edie June 23, 2011 at 2:11 PM

CVS coupon was on the front of the Modesto Bee today as well.

Endcapps June 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Contra Costa Times has it.
San Francisco Chronicle has it.
Here’s a funny story only we would appreciate ~ I spotted the special overwrap containing this coupon in a public trashcan & chuckled because someone like my Dad would consider the overwrap such a “nuisance” and toss it out, regardless of the coupon on it.

jennifer June 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I live in Modesto and I got the coupon but mine states that it expires june 18th. I am going to take the entire page with me to cvs to see if they will still honor it.

Charlene June 23, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Jennifer- that was the one in last week’s paper. Was it on your paper for today? Check the wraparound and see if the bottom of the page lists any dates. Your paper may have folded last week’s coupon onto all the papers.

jennifer June 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM

The rest of the ad states that the prices are valid thru 6/25 but the font of the paper states valid thru june 18th. I wonder if The Modesto Bee wasn’t supposed to run this coupon? Like you said it’s the one from last week.

Lacey June 23, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I didn’t see it in the Houston chronicle. If someone else did, please let me know where in the paper you found it.
Thanks

Naomi June 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Not in Houston Chron. It was in last weeks paper,bummer!

Charlene June 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Oh darn :(

Karen June 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I found it in the San Jose Merc.

mo177o June 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM

It was on the home delivered San Mateo Times.

jennifer June 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I got another one on todays paper. Must be because of the miss print on yesterdays. Modesto ca