Apr
2011

Safeway Coupon Matchups 4/6-4/12

04/05/2011. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

You can see Safeway’s coupon policy right here. Most stores will allow you to stack a manufacturer coupon with the store coupons that can be found in the weekly circulars. You will want to be sure to get a club card for Safeway to take advantage of the sale prices! Safeway sale prices tend to vary from region to region so you will always want to double check your local ad! Also, I do not have double coupons in my area so your prices are likely much better than mine!

Be sure to read about the new Just for U program rolling out at Safeway!

…Click Below to See the Complete List of Deals….

4 Day Sale: Fri-Mon Only

Primo Taglio Ham $5/lb
*Jennie-O 85% Lean Fresh Ground Turkey 3lbs $5*
*Waterfront Bistro Tilapia Fillets $5 each (12oz frozen bags)*
1/8 sheet Artisan Bistro cake $5

Meat/Seafood:

Boneless Pork Loin Chops or Center Cut Loin Chops $2.99/lb (Extreme Value Pack)
Oscar Mayer Deli Creations, Meat Bologna or Franks $1.99
Oscar Mayer Carving Board Lunchmeat $2.99
Use $2/1 printable coupon (click get started and then submit a good deed)
*Final Price: $.99*
Tyson Grilled Chicken Breast Strips- Buy One Get One Free
Projected price: $3.99/2
If these are frozen bags, use the $1/1 printable
*Final Price: $2.99/2*

Produce:

5lbs Cutie’s Clementines $3.99/each
Use $1/1 from 4/3 SS
*Final Price: $2.99*
Safeway Grape Tomatoes- Buy One Get One Free
Projected price $4.99/2
(If you have Just for U look for personal prices on these! Mine is $1.89, so I get 2 for $1.89)
Tender Broccoli- Buy One Get One Free
Whole or Sliced Mushrooms- Buy One Get One Free
*Projected price: $2.99/2*
Fuji Apples $.79/lb
Red Ripe Tomatoes on the Vine $.99/lb

Frozen Foods:

Magnum Ice Cream Bars $3.00
Use $1/1 Magnum Ice Cream Bars, exp. 4-29-11 (ALL YOU Apr ’11)
or Use $1/1 printable
Final Price: $2.00
Tyson Breaded Chicken- Buy One Get One Free
Projected price $7.99/2
Use $1/1 Tyson Frozen Grilled & Ready Chicken Fillets or Strips printable
or Use $1/1 Tyson Bagged Breaded Chicken Strips, exp. 4-30-11 (SS 01/30/11)
*Final price: $6.99 for 2*
*The official policy is no coupons on a free item…
Freschetta Pizza $4.49 with in ad coupon (limit 3)
Use $1/1 printable coupon
*Final Price: $3.49*
Stouffer’s Entrees $1.99 with in ad coupon (limit 6)
Use $1.10/3 Stouffer’s Single Serve Entree printable
Final Price: $1.62 each

Organic Items:

RW Knudsen Organic Juice $3.49
Use $1/1 printable coupon (if Just Juice is included)
Final Price: $2.49

Dairy:

Lucerne, Coffeemate or International Delight Creamer 16oz $1.79- must buy 3
Use $0.55/1 International Delight printable
or Use $0.55/1 Coffee-mate Product printable
or Use $1/2 Nestle Coffee-mate Powder Creamer, exp. 4-30-11 (RP 01/30/11 #2)
Final Price: as low as $1.24 each
Silk, Almond Breeze or 8th Continent Soymilk, International Delight or Lucerne 32oz Creamer $2.59- must buy 3
Use $2/1 Silk Soymilk coupon
or Use $0.55/1 Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, exp. 4-30-11 (SS 01/30/11) – my Safeway has blinkies on the dairy case for these
or Use $1/1 8th Continent coupon
or Use $0.55/1 International Delight printable
*Final Price: as low as $.59!*
Sargento Cheese Slices $1.99
Use $0.50/1 Sargento Reduced Sodium Slices/Snacks, exp. 4-17 (SS 3/6/11) – if included
*Final price: $1.49*

Other Deals:

Narnia DVD $15.99
or Blu Ray Combo Pack $22.99
*Get an 8pk Dasani water and Pepperidge Farms Crisps free with purchase
Athenos Hummus $2.50
Use Buy One Get One Free coupon
*Final Price: $1.25 each*
Goldfish $1.75
Use $.35/1 printable coupon
Final price: $1.40 without doubles
Jello Temptations $1.99 (this should be 3pks)
Use $0.60/1 Jell-O Refrigerated Snack, exp. 5-3-11 (SS 04/03/11)
or Use $1/1 Jell-O Temptations printable
Final price: as low as .99
Chinet Plates or Cups $1.99 with in ad coupon (limit 2)
Use $1/1 printable coupon
*Final Price: $.99*
Snapple 6pk $4.99
Use $1/1 Snapple Tea Glass Bottles, exp. 6-30-11 (SS 04/03/11)
or Use $1/1 Snapple Drink printable
*Final price: $3.99*
Powerbar $1
Use $1/2 printable
*Final Price: .50 each*
Powerade $.70 each- must buy 8
Use Buy One Get One Free coupon
and Use Buy One Get One Free coupon
*Final price: .35 each with 4 coupons*

Any great deals you can see this week? I indicated the items I think are the best deals with an ** this week.

bree April 5, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I haven’t been able to check it out yet but I know Sprouts finally has opened and it looks like they have some good prices on fruits and veggies-even their organic prices look better than the grocery stores. Just curious if you have checked it out yet?

Charlene April 5, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Bree- the last time I was over there it wasn’t open. I am going to check it out maybe tomorrow though. Excited!

Stephanie April 6, 2011 at 8:59 AM

I have a personalized deal price for strawberries as $2.49, so I guess I will get 2 for this price since they’re BOGOF.
Check your JFU coupons ;)

Stephanie April 6, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I have a personalized deal price for strawberries at $2.49, so I guess I will get 2 for this price since they’re BOGOF. I also got the mushrooms at $1.59
Check your JFU coupons ;)
I love those JFU with BOGOF, it makes great deals.
Thanks Charlene and everyone for letting me know about that.

Jill April 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Well, no grape tomatoes in my JFU but I do have $2 off of the Magnum ice cream bars.

Kim April 6, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Yeah I have a pers. price on mushrooms ($1.49) since they are BOGO that’s great! maybe I’ll dehydrate some!!!

Jean C. April 6, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Trader Joe’s has the Blue Diamond Breeze for $1.99 (not a sale, everyday price). AND they DO accept coupons. (they are also very very friendly)

Sara April 6, 2011 at 12:10 PM

With the Powerade coupons, I had one ask for the price and the cashier put in the sale price and the other coupon it automatically put in the non-sale price of $1.59…so the Powerade deal could be potentially better!

Charlene April 6, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I think ti will be better too Sara but I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up :)

Charlene April 6, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Alison for the lunchmeat you should not have to do one thing. The OM Carving Board right? If you prefer to shop at Target or Walmart you can price match and skip the trip.

Endcapps April 6, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Remember to use the $1/$5 produce safeway coupon found in the new pamphlet.
Strawberries, 1 lb personalized price $2.49

Tyson chicken nuggets BOGO free $0.00
Signature deli sandwich $3.99

Endcapps April 6, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Navel oranges, 8lb-sack $3.99
My Just4U offered $1 off eCoupon, so final is $2.99

Stephanie H. April 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM

The new baileys creamers were also $1.79 WYB 3. There were blinkies for $1.00 off 1 in the dairy case, so .79 each. Not a bad price for creamer. My store carried the original irish cream and the chocolate. Thank you for the match-ups!

Stacey April 7, 2011 at 4:33 PM

My safeway wouldn’t let me use my just 4 u personalized price of $2.49 on the strawberries. They said the berry deal is not for the just 4 u. I asked the manager if this was just at their store or is it all stores. She didn’t know. She said that that would be a great deal if it worked, and I said that is why I wanted it. I will be trying another store. Has anyone else had trouble using their $2.49 and the B1G1?

Charlene April 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Stacey- the manager is wrong. The Just 4 U price overrides the Safeway everyday price. With that being said, this is literally the only good thing about the entire Just 4 U program so I personally don’t like to encourage people to call this little quirk to the attention of Safeway because they will end anything good if given the chance. What I don’t understand is how it is the manager’s decision about your prices? Did you walk into the store get your berries, go to checkout and pay and they took them back and manually figured out a way to change the price? I would have a fit if that happened to me. If you just put the berries in your transaction the price should have automatically adjusted when you scanned your club card. So how is he involved in the process at all?

Tony H April 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I have strawberries at a personalized price of 2.49 too. When I did the BOGO sale, it up at 4.99. I went to customer service, and they refunded me the difference, with no problems. I’m not sure what happened, but I have a guess… the strawberries this week might be a different brand, and so they may not be in the computers as part of the personalized price… just a guess.

I also have a personalized price on Kettle Chips for 2.38… I hope the BOGO will work for it when I go later this week!

Charlene April 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Tony- you are exactly right I think. That happened to me with tomatoes and I think that may have been why too. The next time I got tomatoes it worked fine.

Stacey April 8, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Charlene-the berries did not attomatically adjust when I put them in my transaction and I had the clerk call the manager over. I didn’t buy what I wanted, and told them I would be going to another store. I bet what Tony is saying is correct. I will try again at a new store and see what happens. Are you saying that you did get the tomatoes at the B1G1 or just at another time you got the personalized price? Did you use the Rocklin store or the store on Sierra College. I used the store on Sunrise in Roseville. I have found that they aren’t as coupon friendly as my other store in Rocklin.

katy April 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM

I got the 2 1lb strawberries at Safeway yesterday. It was Regular Price $9.98 -$4.99 Card Savings = $4.99 for 2. The Magnum ice cream was unbelievable: Regular Price $4.49, Card Savings $1.49, JFU Personalized $2.00, JFU Mfr eCpn $1.00, plus I think they might have taken off a regular $1 mq. I think it was free!

Endcapps April 8, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Customer Service informed me that Personalized Prices are valid for purchases in your “home store” and immediate vicinity. I guess “home store” would be the one you registered under when you signed up for Just4U. {She said, for example, if your home store is in Pittsburgh, CA then your personalized prices will NOT work in Walnut Creek, CA} Never knew that before! Can Sfwy make it any harder for us?

Nicole April 8, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Endcapps – Please don’t ask, I’m sure they could figure out a way!

Bree April 9, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I’m not a Safeway shopper, these stores aren’t in my area, but I’m sooo curious. Can you use unlimited “like” coupons there? At my local grocery chains you are limited to 4 “like” coupons, at some stores it’s now down to 2. Just curious! Thanks! :o)

Charlene April 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Bree- I have not had any issues with multiples coupons and I don’t think the coupon policy says anything about it. I have heard from a few readers that have run into issues at their stores so I guess you just have to check and see. The coupon policy for Safeway is linked at the top of every weekly matchup post.

Mary April 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM

hi charlene,
just FYI: the safeway on pleasant grove blvd in roseville and sunset blvd in rocklin are price-matching all of sprout’s produce prices. i was excited about this because i personally think safeway has better produce! :)

AJ April 10, 2011 at 8:49 AM

I tried the powerade deal with the powerade bogo e-coupon and only got $1.59 off one?

I thought it was suppose to take off 4 powerade?

Is that right?
I went to customer service after I bought them and the guy said limit 1 per transaction?

Charlene April 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM

AJ, if you saved an e-coupon to your card that is right it is only one coupon. You cheat yourself by doing that because if you print the coupon you can get 2 copies. With some of the coupons if you save them to your card you can’t go and print them later- they will show as already used.

AJ April 10, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Charlene, I printed out 4 and brought the powerade coupons with me just in case this might happen and showed it to the cashier and he still wouldn’t take it off, he said the same answer as the guy at customer service.

I went to a Raley’s and showed customer service the coupons and asked if I could use all 4 coupons in one transaction and he said YES!

Why is it different at two grocery chains?

Charlene April 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Because the cashier at Sfwy was wrong :P You should have been able to use all 4 at any store.

laurra April 10, 2011 at 3:13 PM

at my safeway baileys coffee creamers are $1.79 and on the window is the blinkie machine for creamer for a $1.00 off that makes them only $.79 each great deal keep an eye out for these coupons they are good till 6/19/11

Tiffany T April 11, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Everyone check your JustForU accounts! I know I’m not the first to say this, but I just scored FREE Magnum Ice Cream Bars. Regularly $4.49, marked down to $3 on sale, used JustForU $2 off coupon added to my card plus $1 off mfr coupon! Makes for one happy preggo!!! :-)~

kim April 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Charlene, can you tell me where the $1/$5 produce coupon is that Endcaps talks about? Thanks!

Charlene April 11, 2011 at 10:04 PM
kim April 12, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Once again thanks Charlene!