Mar
2011

New Target Coupon Book

03/16/2011. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

I got this new booklet in the mail yesterday from Target and I thought I’d mention it.  I have no idea if everyone will get these or not but it looks to me like the holiday toy catalog we saw in Nov and Dec.  This one has an Easter theme and there are $70 in Target coupons inside.

With the toy booklets, Target sent them in the mail, had them in the Sunday paper and there were copies available to print online.  Hopefully they are as generous with these books!

Here are the Target coupons inside the catalog:

• $10 off any Schwinn Bike- adult or kids
  • $5 off a 2 or 3 wheel scooter
  • $5 off Leapfrog Leapster Explorer Learning Game or Tag Reader
  • $3 off Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway Beginners Set, Trackmaster See Inside cars, 4pk Take n Play Engines, Take n Play Tidmouth Tunnel set, or Mega Blocks Thomas Logging Camp set
  • $3 off Lego Prisoner Transport, Ninjago Ice Dragon Attack, Star wars Imperial V-Wing Starfighter or Pirate Plank Game
  • $5 off a Hot Wheels Toy Purchase of $25 or more
  • $5 off Hasbro Ji Ga Zo puzzle
  • $5 off $25 purchase of kids apparel
  • $5 off a Barbie toy purchase of $25 or more
  • $5 off Dora’s Ballet Adventures purchase of $15 or more
  • $5 off Disney Blu Ray priced at $24.99 or higher
  • $1/2 Nabisco Snak Saks (8oz)
  • $.75/1 Kraft String Cheese 12ct String Ums or Twist Ums
  • $1/2 Lunchables 7oz or larger
  • $1/2 Kraft Mac and Cheese 4pk Easy Mac Cups
  • .50/1 Capri Sun 20ct packs
  • .50/1 Nestle Bagged Candy 9.2oz +
  • $1/2 Del Monte Fruit Cups 4pks
  • $1/2 Suave kids hair care items
  • $1/1 Kid’s Crest or Oral B item (manual or powered toothbrush or toothpaste)- excludes trial size
  • $10 gift card coupon with transfer of a prescription

I think the kid’s Crest toothpaste is $1.99 so that could be a great deal stacked with the .50/1 from 2/27 P&G.

Also, Target has fantastic deals on kid’s clothing and the $5/25 does not restrict clearance items.

Finally the catalog does show Tangled Blu Ray priced at $29.99.  Hopefully they release a high value coupon because even with the $5 Target coupon above that is pretty spendy for a kids movie.

Did anyone else get a catalog in the mail?

Randi March 16, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I got it the other day. My kids love “shopping” it these, lol

Katrina March 16, 2011 at 2:45 PM

How do I get Target coupons and catalogs in the mail? Is there somewhere I can sign up?

Nora Long March 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I didn’t get the booklet, at least not yet. If these are Target coupons, and not mfg coupons, then the leap frog one is great! On some boxes of Cheerios there is a $5 leap frog coupon, too! $10 off makes it a little more tempting.

Charlene March 16, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Katrina- I get asked this every time I post a Target book. If I knew how to ensure people would get them I would have spilled the secret by now. As I said in the post- they are totally and completely random. I have no clue at all how Target decides to send out mailers. Some people think it is having a credit card, some think it is from registries, some think it is from pharmacy prescriptions- I honestly have not the foggiest idea at all. I have personally never done those things and I get the mailers all the time.

ABAKER2TEACH March 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I got mine today. :-) I was not receiving any target coupons via the mail until I signed up last month for the RED CARD debit. My best guess is this.

My daughter likes to “shop” these too!!

shelly March 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I got a different mailer from Target yesterday, would like the one you have instead. I’ll email a picture.

alice March 16, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I received one today and there’s a peelie for a $5 gc with $50 purchase on the back. Maybe you posted that and I missed it.

Charlene March 16, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I didn’t get a $5/50 coupon on mine. Maybe the mailman shops at Target and stole it ;P

Robin March 16, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Got mine (Washington DC area)

Sylvia March 16, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I haven’t gotten that one in the mail YET but I hope I get it soon :) I always receive Target coupon booklets in my mail. I think I am on their mailing list because I signed up for a baby registry around 6yrs ago, plus my Target is within walking distance in my neighborhood so I think they send them out to the houses here.

Angel March 16, 2011 at 8:04 PM

So, I was curious so I stopped by my local Target (Sacramento, CA) and asked customer service about these books…they said most likely they are being sent to RedCard holders (Target credit cards) but she couldn’t be sure :( She said they have not heard of nor seen any shipments of the booklets yet anyway to go out to the general public…darn :( Maybe she was wrong (here’s hoping!). ~Angel~

Charlene March 16, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I have never had a single credit card or red card or any other card with Target and it was addressed to me. Like I said. I would just sit tight and see what the mailman brings, watch the online printables and check your Sunday paper.

Renee March 16, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I didn’t get this catalog but I got a red book flyer on Monday. I have received these quite often but not everytime-and I have a Target credit card.

Kathy K March 17, 2011 at 5:51 AM

We got two of these. I believe I got one because I registered at Target for Wedding stuff and baby stuff. DH got one because he has the Red Card. I did not see the peelie, I need to go back and look!

Christie C March 17, 2011 at 10:49 AM

I got mine yesterday and I was so excited! I don’t have Target cards either, but I have used their baby registery in the past.

Lisa March 25, 2011 at 5:59 AM

I haven’t gotten one either and I usually get those extra mailer books/toy books with coupons in the mail. I’d hate think I miss out on this one, as I shop at target religiously. Maybe today?

Melissa March 25, 2011 at 6:37 AM

I have the Target Debit Card.. a Target Visa… and I have done the Target bridal and baby registerys and I have never recieved one of these coupon books, ALTHOUGH I WOULD LOVE TOO!!
:-(
I don’t know how they determine who gets one and who doesn’t!!

Dina March 28, 2011 at 5:43 AM

I didnt get the mailer and when I emailed Customer service, they told me they are mailed to a randomly generated mailing list…I have their Red Card and spend A LOT of money there (I have 3 kids in diapers still and I use target brand diapers) you’d think I’d qualify for a coupon mailer!!
Oh well…maybe next time!

Charlene March 28, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Dina that is what I said :) Sorry but I believe the coupon books are random and I have had lots and lots of people over the years try to get onto Target’s list and as far as I know no one has been successful by calling and asking.

Stacy April 1, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Here is the email I got:

Thanks for asking about receiving coupons from Target.

At Target, we use a variety of methods for determining mailing lists. Here are a couple of easy things you can do to receive special offers from Target:

- Visit http://www.target.com and sign up for exclusive e-mail offers and news
- Apply for a REDCARD to receive special bill inserts or direct mail

Did you know you can also help your community by shopping at Target? Through our TAKE CHARGE OF EDUCATION program, we’ve been able to give back more than $240 million to schools. For more information about this community giving program, please visit http://www.target.com/tcoe.

We appreciate hearing about ways you’re looking to save even more at Target.

Sincerely,

Glenn
Target Guest Relations

Charlene April 1, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Stacy, in my experience they won’t tell you how to get on the list. I promise that I have been trying to figure this out for years (literally) and there are theories that it has to do with registries, credit cards, pharmacy prescriptions etc.. I can tell you I was married 8 years ago and my youngest daughter is nearly 2- so the registry thing doesn’t make sense for me. I have never in my life filled a prescription at Target so that is out as well. I have never once applied for a credit card or the new Red Cards- again that is out. I have no idea what Take Charge is and have not been a part of that program. I do get emails from Target and they are almost always junk. So there is no real explanation for why we get the books on occasion and they are addressed to me.

For every person that tells you one thing, you will find 2 others that say the opposite. So I believe that the books are truly random. I believe that Target has a vested interest in encouraging you to register for their credit card ;)

Veronica April 11, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I am a Target employee, A target debit card holder. And a Target Credit card holder. my mom also has a target credit card. I do not receive coupons and I do not know how to get them either :(!

Tiffany April 15, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I don’t know how I get them either. I don’t have c.c., debit, or anything else, but I do shop online frequently at Target. That’s my best guess.

Kylee May 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I e-mailed Target about this and they told me if you sign up for their e-mails or apply for a credit card then you can get on the mailing list. The thing I don’t understand about that is: how do you get postal mail by joining the e-mail list when they don’t ask you for your mailing address at all? Who knows. I received one Target mailer after I created a baby registry with them, and then once more but never again. Sad.

Charlene May 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Kylee- I try to tell people there is no way to get yourself on the list but maybe they think I am lying or I just don’t know anything? Beats me really. People have been trying to figure it out for years. There are theories but as I said, none of them are guaranteed. You are right- Target will of course tell you to get a credit card. They have a vested interest in getting people into credit cards and make a significant amount of money from that. Also, you are right. Signing up for emails is clearly not going to get you anything in the mail. So I will continue to tell people there is no way of assuring you get on the mailing list. :)

Sarah September 23, 2011 at 9:45 AM

“I get asked this every time I post a Target book. If I knew how to ensure people would get them I would have spilled the secret by now. As I said in the post- they are totally and completely random.”

^^^
The tone of your response was a HUGE turn off. I just came across this thread googling about how to get Target mailers and found this page. I won’t be back, lots of other couponing sites to choose from. No ad clicks from me!

Sarah September 23, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Well, my comment is awaiting moderation so I’m sure it won’t go live on your site. But I just wanted to let you know, tone can be perceived in different ways over the internet. Maybe try to find a way to sound a little nicer about it next time. Obviously that lady didn’t know. Since you get this question every time you post a target mailer, you should know to be prepared for it, so please consider having a nicer response next time.

Charlene September 23, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Ok thanks for letting me know you don’t care for me Sarah and best of luck to you finding someone you like better. I guess I would encourage you to put yourself in someone else’s shoes before you make judgments ;) Happy Googling and I hope no one comes to your office today to tell you how much they don’t care for you. It might not be the nicest thing to say to someone- but then again tone can be perceived differently can’t it? I am sure you didn’t mean to be rude.

diane September 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

please let me know how to get target coupons in the mail.

Thanks