Feb
2011

Safeway Deals: 2/13-2/15 (and FREE Valentine’s Day Gifts Reminder!)

02/14/2011. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

Here are the Safeway deals from the Supplemental ad yesterday.  These are valid 2/13-2/15 only:

Red or Green Seedless Grapes .99/lb
Wesson Cooking Oil $2.59 with in ad coupon (limit 2)
Betty Crocker Cake Mix .89
Use $0.75 off Betty Crocker Cake Mix AND Frosting, exp. 3-26 (SS 1/30/11)
The frosting seems really high to me this week at $1.89
Final Price: $2.03 for both
San Pellegrino or Acqua Panna $1.50
Use $1/2 Acqua Panna or San Pellegrino printable
Final Price: $1 each
New York Italian Style Sausage $1.99 each
Starbucks Coffee $5.99
Use $1/1 Starbucks Coffee, exp. 2-28-11 (SS 11/21/10)
or Use $1.50/1 printable coupon
Final Price: $4.49
Pepperidge Farms Cookies $2.50
Use $1/1 printable coupon
Final Price: $1.50
2L Dr Pepper .77 with in ad coupon (limit 4)
Starbucks Frappucino or Doubleshot $3.99 with in ad coupon (limit 4)
Use $1/1 Starbucks Doubleshot Multipack, exp. 4-30-11 (SS 02/06/11)
or Use $1/1 Starbucks Frappuccino Coffee Drink, exp. 4-30-11 (SS 02/06/11)
Final Price: $2.99 (great price!)
Pop secret $1.49 with in ad coupon (limit 4)
Use $0.50/2 Pop Secret Product, exp. 3-13-11 (RP 01/30/11 #2)
or Use $1/2 Pop Secret Product, exp. 3-13-11 (RP 01/30/11 #2)
Final Price: as low as .99 each depending on which coupon you got

If you have Just 4 U in your area, be sure to load the coupon for a free Foster Farms Great Bites with $15 purchase. This one actually did work for me yesterday!

And just a reminder that you can basically get your Valentine’s Day gifts free from Safeway right now. There are three promotions running:

Buy 3 Hallmark cards (.99 cards do not qualify) and get a $5 catalina back. This overlaps with the free teddy bear when you buy 3 cards. So the deal looks like this:

Buy 3 Cards at $1.49
Buy 1 bear- will be free instantly at checkout
Pay $4.47 and get a $5 cat back!! So all of that is basically free!

AND this one is my favorite and to all the guys out there that read MFA I really hope you are paying attention to this deal (hint, hint!)

Spend $50 in gift cards and buy one bouquet of flowers and get a $10 catalina coupon back.
They have nice bouquets priced at $6.99-9.99 but note the flowers priced at $6.99 don’t seem to prompt the cat for most people. You might have an extra hassle involved to get your cat on those- just email coupon at catalinamarketing dot com if you don’t get it or ask at the customer service desk and they can help you.

{Deal Idea}
Buy $50 in any gift cards excluding prepaid cards or Safeway cards
Buy $9.99 mixed flower bouquet
Pay $59.99 and get a $10 cat back!

I LOVE this deal because I almost never buy fresh flowers. I did this once with (2) $25 cards to the gas station and the second time I got a $50 Target card. There are tons of gift cards to choose from so you can probably buy one for a place you would have shopped anyway.

mindy February 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Happy Valentine’s Day:) I think you must buy cards more than .99, not .99 or more…right?

Emelyn February 14, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Hello Charlene! Happy Valentine’s Day!

I did the gift card deal yesterday and was ELATED!! First of all, I had a $5 Just for U coupon, making the bouquet $4.99!
Then we needed to get a $25 iTunes GC for a birthday gift, plus I got another $25 GC for a restaurant.

Out came….$10 AND $5! I didn’t realize the iTunes was still working!! Do you know how long the iTunes promotion will last?? THANK YOU!

Charlene February 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Hmm. I am so glad that worked for you because the fine print made it seem like it wouldn’t work. The $50 one ends tomorrow and the iTunes ends tomorrow.

Charlene February 14, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Umm. I can clarify that if it is confusing. Do not buy .99 cards or you won’t get the cat is the bottom line.

Ree February 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM

The flowers and cards worked perfectly for me on Sunday. I bought the $9.99 mixed flowers bouquet. I had loaded the $5 Just for U coupon and that worked too. All told, the cards (3 at $1.99) and the flowers were better than free! If only I had remembered to get the bear!

Lisa February 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I was just going to ask if the $5 Just For You coupon works with the $50 gift card/flower $10 cat deal, since the fine print says discount cannot be combined. Thanks for posting. I’m headed over to Safeway soon.

Rie February 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I’m very new to just for you and signed up to load my coupons. I loaded everything available to me but can’t seem to find the $5 Just for U coupon for the flowers. What category is it in? Are these things regional? I’m in northern Cali. Thanks for the help.

rie February 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM

just ignore my question above. I found it =)

sarah mcreynolds February 15, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I went to Safeway today to get those starbucks drinks for my husband and they have a sign there that if you buy 2 four packs you get a free tub of cookies. So, for $6 I got 2 four packs and a tub of cookies!

Yeah!