Safeway: $5/15 Frozen Foods Coupon

Well shoot this is going to be a busy day!

I wanted to mention that the Safeway supplemental ad for today has some great coupons so be sure to check it out before you head out.  I will have your matchups done later tonight.

In the meantime, they have a $5 off any frozen foods purchase of $15 or more listed in the weekly ad!  The $15 is precoupon, so there should be a TON of deals.

Reader Rachel let me know yesterday she bought a California Pizza Kitchen pizza and got a $1.25 catalina back.  So I don’t have the details of that catalina but I am hoping it is (1) per pizza and as always with catalinas this may be regional.  You will want to look for signage at your store just to be certain.

Here is a quick idea to get the ball rolling.  Please leave any great plans you have in the comments below!

Buy 1 CPK Pizza at $5.00 (sale price through Monday only!)
Buy 5 Lean Cuisine at $2 each
Subtotal $15.49
Use $5/15 Safeway coupon
and Use $1/1 CPK coupon from 2/20 RP or Frozen Foods book
and Use (2) $1.10/2 Lean Cuisine printable (manufacturer coupon)
Final Price: $8.00 and you should get a $1.25 cat back for CPK making the net price $6.75 AND you get 2 free Dreyer’s Smoothies or Shakes with your purchase of the Lean Cuisine!

I love CPK pizzas so I am going to try this today and I’ll let you know how it goes:

Buy 3 CPK Pizzas at $5
Use $5/15 Safeway coupon
Use (2) $1.25/1 coupons (these were available earlier in the week)
and Use $1/1 coupon
Pay $6.50 and HOPEFULLY get (3) $1.25 cats back, making the net price $2.75 for all 3!

Comments

1. Rachel R. says

My plan for the frozen foods coupon is:

Buy 3 Ore Ida Sweet Potato Fries 1.99 each when you buy 3
    Buy 5 Lean Cuisines 1.88 each (Seattle area price)
    Use $5/15 Safeway coupon
    Use (3) $1/1 Ore Ida Sweet Potato coupons from Frozen Foods booklet
    Use (1) $1.10/2 Lean Cuisine printable
    and use (1) $1/3 Lean Cuisine from Frozen Foods booklet
    =5.27 + get 2 Free Dreyer’s Smoothie/Shake mixes w/ 5 Lean Cuisine purchase

2. Charlene says

Rachel- I didn’t see the Ore Ida at $1.99 in my ad but I have that on my list to check. They are listed at $2.49 but maybe the fries are cheaper.

3. Sarah says

It is one catalina per pizza purchase. I went shopping on Friday. I bought 2 CPK pizzas, used the $1.25 coupon from their facebook page and I got 2 catalinas for $1.25 each. It was a nice surprise!

4. cathy says

Rachel spoke of Ore Ida coupons in Frozen Foods booklet. What is this booklet? I got the heart healthy coupon booklet recently by the pharmacy area. Is the Frozen Foods booklet by the freezer aisle, customer service, registers, ___ ?

5. Kelly says

I got the $1.25 cat for 2 pizzas yesterday but only for 2 for the 3 pizzas I purchased today… I did however get 1 cat for $1.00 off CPK.

6. Lisa says

Awesome deal on Eggos.
    Bought 9 boxes @ $2 each=$18
    Use $5/$15 freezer food Safeway Q
    Use (3) $2/3 Eggos Q from frozen foods booklet
    =$7 for 9 boxes (.77 cents per box!)

7. Prabha says

I bought 3 CPK pizzas and got 3 catalinas! There was no signage, so it was a nice surprise.
    Thanks for all your great work!

8. Lisa G. says

Thank you so much! i am so glad I checked in with this before I head out to Safeway. I would have been so bummed to have to go back lol. I was able to load the $5/$15 coupon, as well as others, onto my card.

9. emily says

Charlene – They were $2.99 for me, but you get $3 off instantly wyb 3. This makes them $1.99 and then the $1/1 makes them $.99. HTH!

10. Jennifer says

I was coming to give a head’s up about the frozen food coupon booklet. I found them mounted on the doors of the frozen food endcaps, facing the front of the store. Lots of good coupons in there:

The front says “Over $42 in coupons. With savings on more than 11 new items”

Has a polar bear snowboarding down an iceberg.

Coupons are: (all valid through 4/30/11)

Complete frozen meal (Safeway products – $9.99 – 1 appetizer, 1 skllet meal or family size lasagna, and 1 dessert

Safeway Select Frozen Pizza – $2.99 (limit 3)

$1.00 off 2 Birds Eye Steamfresh or C&W vegetables
    $1.00 off any flavor Wanchai Ferry frozen entree
    $1.00 off any two Tony’s products
    $1.00 off any two single-serve Michael Angelo’s entrees
    $1.00 off Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries
    $1.00 off two Ore-Ida hash browns
    $1.00 off three Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers or Boil in Bag frozen vegetables
    $1.00 off two Boca frozen products
    $1.00 off two Kashi – frozen pizza, baked or frozen entrees
    $1.00 off two Morningstar Farms Veggie Foods products
    $1.00 off three Stouffer’s entrees or dinners
    $1.00 off three Lean Cuisine entrees
    $1.00 off two Healthy Choice Entrees
    $1.00 off two Alexia items
    $1.00 off two Freschetta Multi-Serve Pizzas
    $1.00 off three Hot or Lean Pockets sandwiches or snackers
    $1.00 off one California Pizza Kitchen pizza (excludes singles)
    $1.00 off one DiGiorno (excludes singles)
    $2.00 off three frozen Eggo
    $1.00 off one Jimmy D’s
    $1.00 off four Safeway Select or Eating Right entrees
    $1.00 off two Hungry Man entrees
    $1.00 off two New York Brand frozen products
    $2.00 off four Weight Watchers Smart Ones breakfast items
    $1.00 off two Krusteaz
    Lucerne 12 count novelties – $1.99 each – limit three
    Safeway Select 1.5 qt ice cream – $1.99 each – limit 3
    $1.00 off two Pepperidge Farms frozen dessert or bread product
    $1.00 off two Weight Watchers frozen novelties
    $1.00 off two Dove frozen multi-pack or miniatures
    $1.00 off any two Snickers or TWIX multi-pack or 8.67oz or larger ice cream items
    Buy 5 get 1 free – Haagen Daaz, Skinny Cow, or Dreyer’s single serve cups
    $1.00 off one Skinny Cow frozen treats – 4 pk or larger
    $1.50 off one Claim Jumper or Marie Callender’s frozen pie
    $1.00 off one Marie Callender’s meal

All of the Safeway product coupons are store coupons with a minimum $10 purchase

11. Jennifer says

Oh good Lord, I missed that you had that coupon book in your email. Just delete my comment. I need to go to bed. lol

12. Charlene says

Shoot that was nice of you to type that whole mess out Jennifer! Where were you last week 😛

13. cathy says

boca burger products are $3.99. on thursday i bought 6. i used 3 of the save $1 off 2 coupons (i used a few printables http://www.bocaburger.com plus a newspaper coupon but this is also in the frozen foods booklet) and there is a page in the heart healthy booklet when you buy $20 of boca burger products, you get a few weight watchers dessert. dinner plus dessert!

14. Jennifer says

LOL! I didn’t even see that coupon book until I was on my way to check-out yesterday – saved me another $1 off my ice cream! :-)

15. Angel says

Just did my Safeway shopping trip…I messed up on one transaction (short by $4.50 for the $5 off $15 frozen) but I called the store and they will let me just add an item basically getting it free…and one another transaction, it didn’t come off…I got 2 CPK pizzas and 2 frozen vegetables….I asked if the frozen veg were apart of the promotion and she said yes, so they owe me $5. Pay close attention to your receipts! :) Good trip overrall…saved 52% approx. :) Not my best trip yet (56% has been the best) but still good!

16. Angel says

Oh and I got the 1.25 catalinas per pizza!! So I’ll have three for next shopping trip :)

17. Amy A says

The coupon for the $1/3 Lean Cuisines beeped for me. The lady told me that it had to be the three pictured (even though it clearly said ANY on the coupon). She pushed it through “just this one time”. So be prepared…

18. sarah mcreynolds says

Do you know if you can use the $5/15 frozen food coupon more than once?

19. jenmom says

Sarah, I just got back from Safeway to do the Frozen Food deal. I loaded one $5/$15 on my card and then took in one from the supplement ad. I split up my purchases and used the one loaded on my card in the first deal and then the paper in my second. The cashier never said a word however I now notice that it does state “limit one per household per day”. Then after examining my second transaction receipt I noticed that the $5.00 paper coupon came off AND the $5.00 loaded coupon. Now I did purchase $30 worth of items so I don’t feel guilty but I am very surprised both came off.

20. Deborah says

Does anyone know if the $5 off $15 coupon will work if the total is $14.98? Or does it have to actually be over $15?