Nov
2010

$1/2 Libby’s Fruit Coupon

11/07/2010. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

There is a new $1/2 Libby’s Canned Fruit coupon available (try 46991).

So you can probably get a great deal on fruit!

Amy November 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Oooooh! Let me know how this works out for you!!! Last November I stocked up on organic pumpkin for 99 cents a can at Walgreens. I still have a couple cans left, but it’s time to stock up again. You can never have too much pumpkin!!! There are so many ways to use it!

Debby November 7, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I tested it this morning at Walgreens and sorry to say it beeped. When I told the cashier that pumpkin was fruit she compared the bar code on the pumpkin and the coupon and it did not match even a little. The bar codes were way off so it was a no go:(

Christy November 7, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I tried to use the $1/2 Libby’s coupon on pumpkin from the 8/29 RP at Walgreen’s this morning. The coupon beeped, and the cashier read the can carefully trying to decide if it was a fruit or not (I told her it was). In the end, she pushed the coupon through, but be prepared!

Lisa G. November 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I tried it at Walgreens today and the coupon beeped and they wouldn’t accept it.

Christina F. November 7, 2010 at 6:50 PM

For problem coupons I always use at Walmart they take everything. I also noticed one day some lady using other store coupons (like Targets) I’m not sure if she got lucky and got a clueless cashier or if all walmarts accept other store Q’s , Does anyone know ? Anywhoo since my wags is next door to my walmart I give it a try , thanks for the update.

Mickie November 7, 2010 at 7:27 PM

There’s a $1 off 3 Libby’s canned vegetables from an old red plum- I haven’t tried it yet, but could that work?

Charlene November 7, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Mickie- Pumpkin is actually fruit. (I googled it and anything with seeds is considered fruit.) So I think this is probably pushing it a little but it is fruit, in a can, from Libby’s- so technically it should work.

Tina November 7, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I tried it this afternoon and it beeped and she wouldn’t let me use it. Bummer! I’ll try at Target.

Jim November 8, 2010 at 9:53 AM

There are two different manufacturers using the Libby’s brand name. The pumpkin is manufactured by Nestle and most of the canned fruit is manufactured by Seneca Foods. The coupon is published by Seneca Foods for fruit like peaches, pears, and apricots. The barcode on the coupon restricts it from being used on canned pumpkin from Nestle.

Charlene November 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Ahh. Ok well thanks for clarifying Jim!

laurie November 8, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Walmart does accept competitor coupons. . . Target, Walgreens, Rainbow, Cub, , , but must have a price on it and cannot be a percent off. They also take Toys R Us coupons.

Lori December 9, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Walmart has a price match guarantee that means they will match any store’s price. Bring an ad from the other store, flyer, etc, to make it simple, and show them and they will give that price. Now, the exceptions that they don’t honor are “buy one/get one free” deals, Grand Opening special prices, deals that are non-specific in price (50 percent off, etc). They don’t talk this policy up, but it exists (I was working for Walmart in the last year and its in their job training –if someone gives you a problem (due to lots of poor training) just keep going up the line (“please call a supervisor” –or maybe best is go straight to “Please call the Store Manager”)and it will be taken care of — no matter how much someone is stonewalling you due to their misunderstanding (LOTS of that at Walmart).

yvette November 16, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I tried using the Libby’s fruit coupon at fry’s and the lady wouldnt let it threw. Going to try again since its 3 for $5 this week.