Well I finally contacted Raley’s and got a coupon policy. It isn’t very detailed to say the least.
Here is the official policy:
Raley’s stores currently accept company coupons, manufacturer coupons and coupons printed from the internet. We also accept manufacturers’ coupon in addition to our store coupon for the same item as long as the combined amount of the coupons do not exceed the value of the item. We cannot give cash back if the combined coupons would be higher than the retail of the item. However, we do not accept competitor’s coupons, expired coupons, coupons for product sizes or flavors that our stores do not carry or coupons that are for more than the value of the item. We currently do not support double-the-coupon value promotions.
You can see the policy by clicking on the Raley’s coupon policy link in the upper left corner.
Every week Raley’s offers several coupons- typically there is at least one item totally free with coupon. The coupons can be available for the entire week or just the weekend (so you always want to check the dates.) There is often a $20 minimum purchase required and that total is based upon your pre-coupon totals- including the value of the free item! You always want to give these Raley”s coupons before your manufacturer coupons.
Most weeks you will actually have to change your Department Preference to get to all the coupons you want. So for example,you will see different e-coupons if you change your Department Preference from Produce to Meat. I list what department you need to choose to see the e-coupon in the weekly match-ups. Here are step by step directions on how you can change your department:
- You must create an account on Raley’s website to print their coupons. To create an account, start by adding your email address in the section called ‘Sign Up Free!’ on the right hand side of the Raley’s homepage. When you create your account be sure to enter your address, preferred store and choose a department as your default. If you already have an account, just sign in.
- Now that you are signed in, on the right hand side of the screen you should see ‘Welcome back, (your name).’ To change your preferred department click the ‘Your Account’ link, which is right under your name.
- This link will take you to all your account details. Scroll to the bottom and click ‘Update My Account.’ It will make you sign in again.
- Once signed in again, you will have the ability to change any of your account details, but most importantly you can change ‘Your Preferred Feature Department.’ If you choose Fine Produce you might see different coupons then if you choose Fine Meat.
- Once you have made your department choice, scroll down and click ‘Update My Account.’
- It will take you to the sign in screen again, but there is no need to sign in again. Look at the top of the screen and choose ‘E-coupons’ to get to the coupon screen. If you were looking for a specific coupon to pop up after your department change it should now be there!
- If you need to change your department again to find another coupon, find the ‘Your Account’ link on the right hand side of the screen, click it and go through the process again.
Raley’s offers a shoppers card that is totally free. The main benefit of the card is that it tracks your purchases and 1-4% should go to a charitable organization. As a side benefit, you can also use the Quality of Life card for U-Promise coupons and Savingstar rebates.
So it is worth requesting because you are doing a little something extra for a worthy cause plus you get the added benefit of extra coupons.
You can request a Quality of Life Card two ways:
- Your child’s school might have a program in place.
- Or you can request the card from PBS and the proceeds will go to support PBS broadcasting. (Thanks Jessie!)
My card is from PBS and it arrived within about a week.