Mar
2010

Current Safeway Catalina Offers

03/15/2010. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

You guys have been asking for this and it is finally here.  A current list of catalina promotions at Safeway Family stores.

Click below to see the entire list.  If you happen to get a catalina announcement while shopping, please add a comment below with the details! Don’t forget you can just click on the Print this Post feature at the bottom of the page and take this with you when shopping.

Be sure to read up on what a catalina is if you are unsure.  If you are shopping and by chance your catalina does not print just contact the company HERE with the details from your receipt and they can send it out in the mail to you!

UPDATED: 11/9

California Pizza Kitchen 11/1 – 11/28
Buy 2 get $1
Buy 3 get $2
Buy 4 or more get $3

Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats 10/24 to 11/20
FREE Milk OYNO (up to $3.60/gal, any brand) WYB 3 Kellogg’s Mini-Wheats cereals 14.5 oz or larger, mix and match. Coupon prints at Checkout and expires 2 weeks after print.

Kleenex (60ct or larger) 11/1/ – 11/28
Buy 4 get $1
Buy 5 get $2
Buy 6 get $3

Pillsbury Refrigerated 11/1 – 12/26
Crescents, Cookies, Sweet Rolls, Grands Biscuits, Grands Cinnamon Rolls, Pie Crusts, Dinner Rolls, Loaves, Breadsticks or Pizza Crust
Buy 4 get $1
Buy 5 get $2
Buy 6 or more get $3 OYNO

Tina March 15, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Thanks for this post !! I just wanna say I didn’t recieve my cat last week for the betty crocker fruit snacks , so when I got home I called the catalina company and it was sooo easy ,I just gave them my info off my reciept and WA-LAH it was done, they told me they were sending me my cat . I was definately Impressed with how convient it was .THANK YOU your doing a wonderful job .

Kathy March 15, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I just returned from Tom Thumb (Safeway to some) and I bought 4 of teh Michael Angelo’s large family meals. I had two coupons for the BOGO free from the website. They are on sale for $6.99, so half price! Well, I didn’t realize till I got home that the cashier only used one of the coupons because he said I had too many and then told me what I owed. When I got home I noticed he put the one he did not use in my sack. I should take them back and get a refund and then rebuy, but I am not going back. I did get a catalina for $10 since I bought that much in frozen foods and it is for $10 off a frozen food purchase. That part was good!

Charlene March 15, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Kathy just tuck the receipt and coupon in your wallet and hit the customer service desk the next time you shop. They will usually just refund the difference.

Mindy March 15, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Post cereals 2/26 – 3/21
Qualifying products, 10oz. or larger: Great Grains, Honey Bunches of Oats, Shredded Wheat, Honeycombs, Raisin Bran, Grape Nuts, Fruity Pebbles
Buy 4, get $3
Buy 5 or more, get $4 OYNO

What does the OYNO mean?

kristin March 15, 2010 at 6:39 PM

my dominicks said we cannot use the printed coupons for the michael angelos.. they said its not a valid coupon. I told them it was sent to me by the company and they said its not accepted.. the manager was going to “look into it for me and call me back” well, its been over a week and no answer!! Is there a real coupon policy for safeway somewhere?

Kathy March 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Thanks, Charlene, I will try that! Hey, my sister’s middle name is
Charlene!! A name you just don’t hear much.

Charlene March 15, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Mindy, on your next order

fadia March 16, 2010 at 1:52 AM

and for those of you who love to drink almond milk as my family head over to safeway with your 1$ off blue diamond almond milk they have it for 2.79 but guess what with your receipt a catalina for free silk almond milk will print i bought one last week to try if i get it and i did and went over today and did 2 transaction and in each one i got the same free coupon for a half gallon of silk almond milk so good luck

Julie March 16, 2010 at 6:17 PM

I went to Safeway last week and to get the fruit snack and cereal deal. I was expecting a $2.50 catalina from the fruit snacks because I bought two fruit roll ups and 2 gushers, but my catalina didn’t print. This morning I called catalina and they researched it and said that my Chico Safeway is not having that promotion. Did anybody else run into this?

Paula March 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I rec’d 2 upcoming catalina deals today:
Both Run 3/22-4/18

The first one is Pillsbury Refrigerated items
Buy 4 Get $2 Catalina
Buy 5 Get $3 catalina
Buy 6 or more Get $4 Catalina
Use this with the grands biscuit in-store coupon on Monday and Tuesday for a great deal!!!

The 2nd one is Velveeta Shells and Cheese Cups
Buy 2 get $.50 Catalina
Buy 3 Get $1.00 Catalina
Buy 4 Get $1.50 Catalina

sheila April 6, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Just FYI, the Yoplait catalina seems to be in certain areas only. I am in NorCal area and it does not print for me. When I emailed them about it they said that my area is not participating.

sarah mcreynolds April 7, 2010 at 7:25 AM

I didn’t get my coupon for a free milk when you buy 3-4 Kellogs cereal, so I called Catalina. They said that Safeway is not running this promotion. Just thought you may want to know so you can update your post.

jamerman April 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Yoplait $1.50 catalina for $10 purchase didn’t work for me either (northern Nevada). I emailed catalina and they said that “this Yoplait reward was not active within the Safeway chain of stores where I made my purchase.”

Passion April 16, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Fadia, where did you get the Blue Diamond $1 off coupon??

Laura April 16, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I purchased 5 boxes of the reeses puffs cerel at 1.50 a piece and after my transaction it printed a coupon for $2 off your next 5 boxes of cerel. So a heads up to people doing the cereal deal. If your doing multiple cereal 5 boxes transacations split them up and use the 2 off 5 for the second transaaction.

Carla Magee April 21, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I saw today that if you buy the pre-packed McCormick seasonings and meat then you get a $1 CAT on your next trip. So use the $1 off McCormick Seasonings and you’re $2 off Ranchers Reserve and this could be a great deal!

fadia April 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM

for Passion ,sorry for being late the Blue Diamond $1 off coupon was from awhile back i think from 2/28 SS or you can print it from their site @www.almondbreeze.com/

Michael May 1, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Catalina question for Safeway regulars: Last week I did the Windex deal and got 2, 2 dollar catalina coupons and 3 1 dollar coupons from buying Lunchables. I went to use them all today to knock down my purchase of a watermelon, 4 mangoes, and a few other things (total was 12 dollars) and was told I could only use one per purchase – in effect that to use my 5 coupons I would need to come back 4 more times. The coupons acceptance policy on the Safeway corporate site stinks since all it speaks to is printables. This is the second time this particular Safeway has cause me grief over coupons – and this time I was told by the MANAGER that they would only take one of a given coupon per purchase per visit. Last time it was a clerk who applied the printables policy to my regular old clipped coupons and denied my multiple copies of standard Red Plum coupons clipped from the Sunday paper. Before I go ballistic and call Corporate, who’s in the right here?

SavinginLA May 5, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hi Michael,
If it is one per transaction , then you can make multiple transactions and use the coupons in 4 different ones. It is a pain and I am now shopping multiple times at my local Pavilions, but I have not had this issue crop up.

Robyn May 5, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Yesterday at Safeway I recieved a random Catalina for a FREE can of Seattle’s Best Coffee/Latte. I love these drinks and would like to get more. Any idea why I got this? I bought nothing coffee related in my transaction. Thanks.

Charlene May 5, 2010 at 10:42 AM

NO! Love those surprises though Robyn! Did it print during your transaction or after? If it printed during than you can tell what triggered it. Did you have any drinks at all?

Nicole May 5, 2010 at 8:58 PM

I think they are just trying to promote the Seattle’s Best Coffee, because I get one here and there. I think I have gotten three or four so far from Safeway! Love the surprises, especially when they are free!

Lori May 10, 2010 at 8:03 AM

I did a huge shopping trip at Safeway yesterday (saved $178!). I had a whole bunch of coupons for Jimmy Dean sausage, so stocked up on that. Something in my transaction triggered a $2 off Jimmy Dean Sausage! I had a really cool checkout gal who applied it to my current order, and I have no idea what triggered it.

Janine May 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I live in So. CA, and just began couponing and shopping at VONS, a Safeway affiliate. Can anyone confirm for me if VONS has the same Catalinas?

Charlene May 12, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Yes they do Janine. All the family of stores have the same ones- Randall’s, Vons, Tom Thumb etc..

Lori May 26, 2010 at 9:04 PM

A few days ago, the only thing I purchased was 4 boxes of Ball Pectin (canning up some strawberry jam!). It kicked out a $3 OYNO Catalina from Ball. Don’t know how many boxes would have triggered it, but you know I’m going to use it!

Jennifer June 8, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I just wanted to thank Charlene for this awesome website… I am almost positive it’s you who does all the researching? I hope:) I heard you shopped at my store in Roseville off of Pleasant Grove. I work there actually and I follow as much as I can!!! I apologize for some of the rude employees who do not take the coupons. We can and I always do!!!! Just as long as everything is correct and followed correctly. Thanks again

Charlene June 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Oh thank you Jennifer :) I don’t mind that store. I just met a funny coupon man the other day- Jerry- at your store. Not your typical couponer. Yes I got to every store a zillion times a week. Thank heavens I live right up by Fairway so it is a fast drive to everywhere. I research almost everything and I don’t worry about posting first I just like to post accurate stuff. I wish I had people out researching for me- would be a thrill.

Jennifer June 8, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Well I do tell many many customers about you!! so Hopefully I am bringing them your way:)

Lori June 14, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Found a link on the Giant Eagle website that lists their “monthly rewards” that print at checkout. Many of them are the same as catalinas that I have seen at Safeway. For instance, right now the Dole catalinas are the same. I don’t know if they all apply, but I tend to scan the page for anything that might apply to my shopping trips. http://www.gianteagle.com/grocery-coupons/monthly

Charlene June 14, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Great tip Lori- thanks!

Lori June 15, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Just bought a scrubbing bubbles sprayer, and the catalina did not print. I called them, and they said they owe me a coupon, and took my info! Thanks! I would not have known to ask except for your blog here! And the customer rep was so easy to work with! (Unfortunately, I did not think to ask her when that promotion ends.)

cheryl August 2, 2010 at 5:27 AM

the ben and jerry’s catalaina for the east coast is when you purchase three get a coupon for 1.99 of your next three. i live in maryland so i assume this is atleast for the east coast i got this last tuesday when i went shopping.

Betsy D. August 30, 2010 at 8:04 PM

I got a new catalina today at Safeway. I purchased 4 Del Monte canned vegetables and received a $1 catalina. The catalina reads “buy Del Monte Canned Fruits and Vegetables between 8/13 – 9/5.
Buy 4 & get $1, buy 5 & get $1.50, buy 6 & get $2.”
I purchased the 8.5 oz cans for $.85 so it works on the smaller sizes too.

Mickie September 15, 2010 at 1:15 PM

So the scrubbing bubbles catalina is finished?

Charlene September 15, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Mickie, I am not sure when that cat ends so I didn’t include it. I have to check when I finally make it to Safeway this week. You can just look for tags in your store as well.

Karen October 10, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I got this one today, 10/10/10:
Buy Finish Between 10/08/2010 and 10/31/2010
and save up to 3.00 on a future order with coupon.
Spend $7-9.99 get $2.00 or
spend $10 or more and get $3.00
The picture shows Finish Jet Dry and Finish tablets

Not great, IMO, unless there was a great sale, too!

Charlene October 10, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Karen I wonder if it includes the Quantumatic? Those are $5 and with the $3 off coupons plus $2 back would make them $1 each.