Feb
2010

Megabucks Friday!

02/26/2010. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

new swagbucks 10

Well guess who just won 10 bucks!  C’est moi!  So you really can win and every Friday they award extra bucks in 100,200,500 and 1000 increments.

So keep searching and let me know if you get lucky too!

New members can still score 60 bucks right over HERE.  Just use code SWAGADVENTURE to get your bucks!!  (Read more about this HERE)

Tami February 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I won 30 Swag Bucks this morning!!

Sarah February 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I got 10 bucks today too. On my first search of the day..

Jennifer February 26, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Tell me if I am wrong here, but from what I understand, since they have multiplied EVERYTHING, including prizes, by 10, you really aren’t getting anything more than what you had before. What I mean is, if you earned 1 SB a few days ago, now it is 10. But the amazon gift card used to be 45 SB and now it is 450. I know 10 seems better, but I am not really getting what they are trying to sell!

Charlene February 26, 2010 at 12:49 PM

It is confusing isn’t it? It is going to take awhile to get used to I think. I wonder if mega bucks Friday means they will give out 100,200, 500 and 1000 bucks? I guess 10 really is just 1 old buck but it sure seems more exciting.

Kim February 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Jennifer,
I know it seems silly right now to multiply everything by 10. But in the long run they will be able to give away more swagbucks for different things because they will be able to give them away in smaller increments (between 1-10). I, like everyone else, caught myself getting really excited over winning 20 swagbucks, when really that was only equivalent to the old 2 swagbucks. But thinking on it further, I would have been excited for a 2 swagbuck win. Heck, it’s free money!

janaki February 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM

winning 10 when amazon GC is worth 45 is something to be happy about but now amazon GC is worth 450 and i think this is somekind of marketing and winning 10 20 30 is just just winning 1 2 3 SB.

This marketing is not impressing me. but i still love Sb for the free mmoney i make.

katie February 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I’m not sure I like the new Swagbucks. Why just multiply everything by 10?????….it’s exactly the same!

Sarah February 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM

I recieved $40 megabucks on my first search of the day.

Livvy February 26, 2010 at 1:28 PM

My concern is that before long they are going to start awarding less than 10 SB. We’ll start getting 5 SB which will be worth half of the old 1 SB. Companies always roll out these changes saying it’s good for their users, when it’s really all about them.

Tiffany February 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I won 30 this morning. I think its the first time I have ever gotten anything other then 1 (or the new 10). I was so excited!!! The little things that make your day!!!

skyzen February 26, 2010 at 1:55 PM

ha ha, this is even worse. By doing this, they have inflated the value of swagbucks. Now if you get 5 swagbucks, its like getting 0.5 old swagbucks. This was not possible earlier.

Charlene February 26, 2010 at 1:57 PM

That’s how I look at it too Kim ;) I get excited for every single one. Puts me that much closer to a lovely free gift card.

Charlene February 26, 2010 at 1:58 PM

I am not sure I understand Skyzen. I think now you get 50 bucks instead of 5.

Barbara A February 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM

I won 40 this morning. Yippppeeee.

Laura February 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I just scored 30 sb for searching facebook and another 30 for searching huggies.

Tiffany February 26, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Charlene,
What Skyzen is saying is that Swagbucks has now made it possible to make it harder to win gift cards. Where the old one equals the new ten they can now award a number lower then ten and be giving away a fraction of what they used to….

Amy February 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Skyzen is right, now this does give them the ability to award you the equivalent of less than 1 old swagbuck. For example, this morning I saw that you could watch a movie trailer to earn 6 swagbucks and got excited and did it. Then I realized that 6 of the new swagbucks is equivalent to less than 1 of the old swagbucks, so really they are giving you like half a swagbuck.

I was trying to clarify, but don’t know if that made sense. Either way, I am still grateful for swagbucks and the pretty much unlimited use of the $5.00 amazon cards!

Emily February 26, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I just joined yesterday and scored 30 for a search this morning! WOohoo!

Charlene February 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Right. I saw the get 3 Swagbucks thing today for doing Special Offers. I am not going to form an opinion on this yet. On one hand 3 Swagbucks stinks. On the other hand you can get 3 per day or 21 per week and before you only get 1 buck per week from those. So it is more bucks but also more work.

Danielle February 26, 2010 at 7:57 PM

I’ve been reading their facebook page and the SB Blog comments…people, it’s FREE MONEY! If you have to do an extra search a day or click through an extra thing, so be it, but again, its FREE MONEY! Everyone seems so grouchy, but I still get equally excited at winning 40 SB as I did 4.

Mary February 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I signed up today…and I am loving it…It’ FREE MONEY for something you do everyday. I don’t care if I get 1 buck or 10 it’s still FREE MONEY! Oh and Charlene I got 10 SB for searching MFA :) Love your site!

Charlene February 26, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Whoot! Glad you finally got on board! You will love it.