Feb
2010

Great Deal on Paul Mitchell Shampoo or Conditioner

02/14/2010. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

tea treeI have a confession.  I have tons of free shampoo from the drugstores and sadly my hair has expensive tastes.  I finally decided that I just have to pony up the dough for better quality shampoo because the free products I usually get (and I have tried them all) just make my hair a hot mess.

I have been looking for a decent deal on better quality products and I just can’t stomach spending $30 on salon products.

This seems like a decent deal to me though- right now Buy.com has Paul Mitchell Tea Tree products on sale.

They have the conditioner 33.8 oz for $10.73 + $3.80 shipping.  The shampoo is also $10.73 + $3.80 shipping.

Now that seems like a decent price to me.  You can click HERE to check it out and just type in Tea Tree.

Kate February 14, 2010 at 2:48 PM

My stylist says that SUAVE of all things is closest to the makeup of salon brands!

Brea February 14, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I agree Darlin! I can’t use all that free Garnier etc…I can, however, use the John Frieda and the BioInfusion which thankfully I have tons of. I managed to get in on the Nexxus deal at Target and stocked up BIG time. I have about 20 bottles and it’s my preferred brand.

Kelly February 14, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Have you tried Loreal Vive (esp the pink bottle)? It’s the only thing that makes my hair feel soft.

Christy February 14, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Hey Charlene, have you tried the John Freida? I too have alot of shampoo stock piled; however, I always buy the JF when there is a deal. Even if I do have to pay for it! I find it is a little better than most in the stores. Plus the green bottle smells great!

Jenny February 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I love expensive shampoo too, but I always wait until the day after Christmas and hit Regis hair salon up for the holiday packs that are marked 50% off. I always buy Biolage, usually around $15 a bottle retail – and get a conditioner and shampoo gift set for $10. I buy 4-5 packages to get me through most of the year, and my hair looks great for the same price of Pantene.

Beckee February 14, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I don’t know if you have Beauty Brands or Sally Beauty in No Cal, but both of them have in the past had really good generic versions of Paul Mitchell products. It is about the only substitute for the brand name salon products that I have found that really works well in my hair. Just a thought in case you hadn’t tried that.

Melissa February 14, 2010 at 5:10 PM

If u have a walmart nearby w a smartstyle, they run sales and have decent products. I used 2 b the same way but was way worse using aveda products. Luckily, the drugstore brands have improved immensely and I’m able 2 use them since august. I have extremely fine hair w body. Good luck. When u have a bad hair day, nothing seems 2 go right.

Jennifer February 14, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Charlene,

I know exactly what you mean! I try to be good by using the shampoos I can get at great prices, but they really do a number on my hair. I’m a sucker for Pureology products, which can run about $25.00 a bottle. Have you seen any deals on this kind of shampoo / conditioner? Thanks for all of your great money saving posts!

Charlene February 14, 2010 at 6:21 PM

No good. I have that, pantene, herbal Essenses, Renpure, Essencia all of those make me a frizzy mess.

Charlene February 14, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Tried it! Hot mess.

Charlene February 14, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I have the Nexxus Shampoo. I need conditioner now.

Jennifer February 14, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Have you tried L’Oreal’s Everstrong? I have very particular hair as well, and EverStrong has been wonderful. My hair is very soft – and it’s color treated – all over color with highlights, and I blow dry and flatiron daily as well. I use the hydrating formula. The Everpure for color treated hair (smoothing) was OK, but not great – was hesitant to try the Everstrong, but had a good coupon and decided to give it a whirl – I’m glad I did!

Mamiv February 14, 2010 at 9:06 PM

I have very sensitive scalp that can actually hurt. I use the “no poo” during the summer time to give my hair and scalp a break. Google it, it is awesome. Plus, it is easy on the wallet. Also, never use your shampoo more than 2 consecutive times. Keep about 3 different shampoo’s in the shower. I know it sounds weird and it is a pain but trust me, it works. I love tea tree products!!!!

I have found that Marshall’s, TJMaxx, and Ross have a good selection of shampoo’s too. I got an organic So Sexy shampoo for $5.99 and that could have run at least $15 bucks in a beauty store. I also have a bottle of Wen conditioner that I got as a gift and good ole head and shoulders. Using the same shampoo on your hair just does not work for picky hair and scalp.

Cheers!