Nov
2009

Swagbucks FAQs

11/01/2009. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

swagbucks logo

I am probably the last person on the internet that wasn’t using Swagbucks for internet searches. If you haven’t gotten on the bandwagon here is what you are missing:

Free Gift Cards

Basically you register and download the toolbar. You can do any online searches using your Swagbucks toolbar and you are randomly awarded bucks. The toolbar gives you the same results as Google or Ask.com so it is basically effortless. There are a variety of gift cards to chose from including Target, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Starbucks etc..

There is absolutely no charge and once you accumulate enough points you just request your gift card.  Then it posts to your account and you can use it immediately.  You can accumulate as many gift cards as you like and use them all at once to get items totally for free.

This is an awesome program and you can get started right HERE.

elizabeth March 2, 2010 at 6:23 AM

I signed up a few days ago, have been doing many searches through the toolbar but have never won any swagbucks. Is it totally random? Does it work when I click on my favorites or do you have to type a web address into the search field?

Amy White June 17, 2010 at 6:16 PM

how fast have you earned gift cards? do you do other things besides the searches? I don’t want to get sucked into all the “free” offers

Charlene June 17, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Amy I just go about my life as normal and I typically do not have the time to do any of the other means of earning bucks. I will go after the codes that are very quick and easy- otherwise I just search and that is that. It seems most readers that sign up earn between $10-25 a month in Amazon cards. So get a lot more by doing the other things.

Bekka July 2, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Hi ladies! Ok so I get the searching, and different lil things. but the codes sometimes BAFFLE ME!!! I’ve looked and looked and looked and I know you are not supposed to share codes but what do they LOOK LIKE? how many letters/words? do they vary? are they colored? black? red? how do they stand out? this is where I’m lost! 178 Swagbucks so far and just started on Monday and this is only my second time on the laptop this week! YAY!

Charlene July 2, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Bekka- Read the comments here and I walked people through how to find a code:

Bekka July 2, 2010 at 11:05 PM

LOL Charlene why can’t they make it easy on me!?!? thanks for the tip!

penny October 13, 2011 at 8:30 AM

How do you enter the coupon codes? I put the 5For5 in the “enter your swag code” box but it wouldn’t work for me.

Charlene October 13, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Penny, ok did you enter it when registering or on the Swagbucks home page?