Oct
2009

Quick CVS Tip: Coupon Scanner

10/19/2009. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

It occured to me some of you might not know about this lovely little machine inside CVS stores. There are usually several located throughout the store and every time you stop in head over and scan your card. You will get a variety of coupons- many of which are really good ones!!
Just recently I got:

a Buy One Get one Free CVS item (which I used to buy baby wipes)
$5 off a $15 purchase
$5 off a $30 purchase

And they used to print $2 off any 2 Gold Emblem nuts (which the single servings are .99 each- so FREE!) but I think they are on to us now as I have been getting $1/2 lately
So you will want to keep scanning your card until the machine tells you no more coupons are available. Sometimes you can get several but the machine only prints 1 or 2 at a time-so just keep scanning away! (You can do this once per card per day)
April I hope that answers your question!

April October 19, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Yes! Thank you!!! I have never noticed this machine but I will now be on the look out!

Anonymous October 19, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Is there a rhyme or reason to who gets what coupon? I get the WORST coupons available whenever I scan my card…like $1/2 gold emblem nuts…I have gotten that coupon like 10 times in the past 3 months!! Do you have to go in multiple times per week and scan??

Becca October 19, 2009 at 1:20 PM

My store (I'm a pharmacy tech) doesn't have one yet, but I have been pushing the store manager to get one ever since I ran acrossed one in a near by store. At the very least they create excitement and interest in shopping at the store…at least that's what I think. (coming from someone who doesn't get the extra coupons.)

Charlene October 19, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I haven't had a $2/2 nuts coupon in awhile- like I said I think they are on to us and changed it. I thought the coupons cycled through and pretty much everyone got the same ones in a rotation? Anyway, I only scan my card when I go- which is once a week or less.

Jennifer October 19, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for letting me know about scanning your card more than once! I always just scanned once and thought that was it. Today, I tried it and got three coupons on the second scan! Thanks for the tip!

downhere October 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I was in my store this morning (in Las Vegas) and looked around for a kiosk. I don't think we have one. I also inquired after the reuseable bag tags and they had no clue what I was talking about. Hopefully they're just behind the times and will get this stuff eventually.

*~Jackie*~ October 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I asked about the tags yesterday too downhere and a lady that worked there was also in line and told that lady that was checking me out where they were and said they just came in yesterday.. SO yea they will be getting them soon.

April October 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I went to CVS yesterday, no coupon scanner! But I asked the manager if they had one and she said they would be installing one later this week! Yeah!

Priya October 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM

Thank you very much for the information .. Had been to CVS yday and guess what i got …$5 off $15 coupon on scanning my card.The machine was right there at the entrance. Huggies diapers were on sale and i used this coupon and a manufacture coupon to make the deal really very sweet. Thanks once again …

Ruth James June 24, 2010 at 5:36 AM

What I have noticed is that the machines are programmed for what you are buying PLUS some random ones. I buy alot of diapers for my new grandson and I have twice gotten $3 off Huggies, which combined with manufacturer Q’s and a sale was a triple play!

Rose August 18, 2010 at 1:14 PM

They took ours away, ugh. It may have broken, I dunno, but I’m sad.

Katie September 24, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Been scanning my card every time I go in since I started shopping here 4 months ago, and I have yet to get a single $4/20 coupon, but my sister in another store gets several in a week sometimes. Where is the logic? Those would make for some really SUPER deals!

angela October 19, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I actually have 2 EC cards and always scan both. I hit 2 CVS’s so they dont’ catch on but my coupons are often not the same. One account often got good ones like the $4/20 and the other account never did. I don’t think there is a rhyme or reason!

Jardine March 7, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Do you have any CVS coupon scanner machine at CVS Kapolei, Hawaii?

Kelli November 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I have a CVS card, but I don’t “have the card” they just key in my phone number. Any suggestions on how I can get the deals without a card, I have a lot of “points” on my card, for the beauty club…